gt2 a four stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

Aceinthesky

Nov 9, 2014
Pearland, TX
gt2-a 7g four stroke build

First off, I want to thank migueralliart, and kcvale for helping me with this build.

Well after two months I finally have my build 95 percent complete. Took for a few miles around town and it feels like a small motorcycle, the shift kit is awesome. I, also did a few bolt-ons to the huaseng motor for more power.

one think, I realize about this build and to anyone who wants to build a 4 stroke bike with a skyhawk frame, is not to use the gt2a-s frame, even though its designed for 4-stroke. Use the gt2-a frame which is meant for a 2 stroke build and cut off the front mount. There is not much room in the gt2a-s frame for a 4-stroke.

gt2-a frame:
power coated gray
cut off the welded 2-stroke motor mount

shift kit:
pedal cranks, motor mounts, sprockets, all power coated black

engine mods:
ngk plug
stainless steel flex pipe with tip, overall lenght 28.5 inches.
uni filter and adapter
drilled out main jet with #71 drill bit

Attachments

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Looks nice- clean. Just how I like mine.
Plenty of room for that 4-banger in there, what you need is a bigger hammer!:) I actually look forward to fitting these 4-strokes in a frame, it's forced some pretty interesting solutions.
You might consider removing a link from your pedal chain, and get that axle up into the drop-outs as far as possible... Also, what's called a bicycle chain tensioner, if you're not familiar, will slip over your rear axle, and hook over the frame, and have been recommended for that style drop-out.

Stay with it!

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You did good Ace ;-}

Did you use the NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) plug?
How did you mount your rear disc brake boss?

And just tip for working with muffler clamps...
Once you get them tight whack of the ends of the U-bolts about 1/4" from the nuts so they are not in the way.
If you have to take the nuts off they will re-thread the end as they come off ;-}

Aceinthesky

Nov 9, 2014
Pearland, TX
Hey I got the CR7HIX in there. Just have a problem with the chain popping off the rear sprocket Even thought its tight. I got the rear sprocket and pedal sprocket lined up but the rear still pops off sometimes. I look at wheel main chain when I ride and it wobbles from left to right on the bottom part when I'm ridding.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I look at wheel main chain when I ride and it wobbles from left to right on the bottom part when I'm ridding.
Your rear sprocket is not true to the wheel, or your wheel is bent.

If you have an old front fork, stick it a vice with the dropouts pointing up and drop your wheel down on it and tighten it in so you have an eye level mount to spin your wheel.

You have to look at both planes of spin, up and down (tight chain-loose chain), and side to side (wobble)

If your wheel is true adjust your sprocket until it spins true on both planes as well.

If you have vertical up and down movement, just loosen all 9 sprocket nuts a turn or so, spin the tire until the high side is at top, lay a scrap 415 chain in the top groves and give it whap or two down with a hammer and spin it again.

When you have the vertical true you work on the horizontal wobble by tightening the 9 sprocket nuts.

A simple rule of thumb is look inside the wheel to see how the bolt ends come out past the nuts, they should all be pretty close.

You want to get these as tight as you can but stay true.

Aceinthesky

Nov 9, 2014
Pearland, TX
The back wheel is true, I took the sbp freewheel apart and I'm going to add a few washers to bring the smaller sprocket in the pedals closer to the frame. So the chain is perfectly straight.