GoldenMotor.com

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
I'd like to re-enter my reasons.

#1 I have no license therefore I cannot drive around legally
#2 I have to travel in excess of 5 miles daily
#3 I get better parking than the handi-capped
#4 I get people telling me that I made something beautiful and that alone is worth the effort, the very fact that I can say "You can't buy one anywhere for less than a grand(shipped), but I can make you one for less than that." is precious. I need business cards.

dtawse

Aug 19, 2013
Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia Canada
I enjoy hopping on my motorized bicycle and taking off for a two hour ride in the countryside.
I live in the country, outside Halifax, Nova Scotia.
I enjoy the speed without going dangerously fast as on a motorcycle.
Some Sunday mornings I use my motorized bicycle to go to the coffee shop (Tim Horton's) which is about 24 kilometers round trip. It is fun !
Now I also wear knee and elbow pads after crashing at slow speed a couple of times and incurring some "road rash"

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Haven't got mine built yet but here's some reasons why I chose to go this route.
1. I hated paying for gas in my huge gas hog so I got rid of it.
2. I don't really want a motorcycle. I want something that I can cruise around town in and relax while doing it and have power assist uphill.
3. I like the idea that if the motor quits or I run out of gas I can always pedal back.
4. I can quit ruining my valuable baseball cards in tire spokes.
5. 4 was a joke. None of the cards are valuable.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've got something that my lazy-arsed Harley owning buddies don't own..........at a total cost of about 1 of their monthly payments.

However, I can't go to the local Harley shop and eat free hotdogs on Summer weekends -- but can't say that's really a bad thing! :D

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Hmmm......seems like a reply has 'mysteriously vanished'........too bad there's no "delete" button.

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
brnotSo it would seem,xseler. Hard to say what's best; I've had a post or two
mysteriously vanish too. Wouldn't matter, as soon as I get a kit, I start
modifying it. Only now I've arrived at 2 bikes that function exactly the
way I want. What's left?

Last edited:

Mpgmotobiker

Oct 30, 2012
Milford, Delaware
I originally bought and built my first motobike kit because I lost my license and needed a means of transportation to get to the various meetings that I had to get to (I got a DUI) After I built it and was riding around people began asking where I got it and where they could get one. I told them about how much money it took but that the techniques for assembling them right was something that I had to learn the hard way. So I suggested that I could build them one at a very reasonable price as compared to a bike that they could buy build and then call me afterwards, which would cost them $25 a visit plus parts, because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working right. I've since sold 30+ M.P.G Motobikes all of which are still on the road running great. I've found a passion for these things, and now that I have my license back I still prefer to ride around town on my Motorized Schwinn Drifter with Ape Hanger handle bars matching bullet headlight and springer forks. I have also become Delawares foremost expert on motorized bicycles..wee..wee.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was wondering what are everyone's reasons for riding a motorized bicycle to a destination over biking.

my reasons are: Time(i can get there faster)
Sweat(i can get there dryer)
I'd like to find other ideas from everyone else.
so.... Why?
Exactly that and the price of gas makes it much cheaper than driving my 4-runner!

oh......it's much more fun!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I took a Santa Monica bus to a LA Metro Bus to go home today. Distance traveled was 8.4 miles. Elapsed time was 2.5 hours total, having to wait for the buses, plus the total # of stops. I think I could have actually walked home faster, if I wasn't so over walking anywhere. LOL

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am a big kid, i have loved bicycles all my life. now that i am older i cannot pedal very long, i live on an island with endless summer. an motorized electric bicycle just seemed like the way to go. its a blast to ride and i even get a little exercise

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I ride to make a better world where chickens can
cross the road without having their motives questioned.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I just took mine to the mountains of New Mexico. I talked to more people about my bike than the combined times that I rode a motorcycle to the same locations. There's just something that makes people smile when they see one of these things.......I know that I do!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

This is a great thought!! However, I don't think that I've ever questioned a chicken --- at least one that that had feathers.......

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
LOL That was a good one. In LA it's much easier for me to dodge stray pedestrians if I'm on a bike and not question their motives.

kdaddy1980

May 22, 2013
Ohio
I took a Santa Monica bus to a LA Metro Bus to go home today. Distance traveled was 8.4 miles. Elapsed time was 2.5 hours total, having to wait for the buses, plus the total # of stops. I think I could have actually walked home faster, if I wasn't so over walking anywhere. LOL
thats part of the reason i left L.A., a ~20 mile trip from Venice and La Brea Ave to Long Beach took 2.5 hours ON THE FREEWAY!...lol Granted we couldnt move over 25 miles per hour at any given time during the trip. A motorized bike would probably take about 30 minutes, 45 tops.