saw this 12 volt on ebay. any 1 tired it??

GoldenMotor.com

CaliRebel

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
It's a shame that you realistically need more than 10 watts for a real headlight, and the price is a little more than I would be interested in as an experiment. This is exactly the solution to the white wire problem though. I also have the new integrated CDI which I'd be concerned about having to mess with.

I will definitely try this at least once in the future. It's like adding a centrifugal clutch I guess. It's as much about improving the build as it is about enjoying a better ride.

EDIT: With an over-sized LED lamp it would look comical, but probably approach headlight functionality.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I have the white wire charging set-up. I'm not happy with the out-put though so I'll be getting the 6 volt version they have for $20. I love the regulator but the stock set-up is inadequate. I'll also be adding a 6 volt 12 amp hr SLA battery even if I have to charge it off a battery charger, but I don't think I will. :)

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I purchase the 6 volt kit with all the extra parts,its works well and I have dual lamps in the front and a led tail light from a motorcycle.I have a 15-20 min ride to work at 4:30 am (dark all the way) works fine.I just picked up just the 6 volt coil for my other bike and run a motor bicycle headlight with a marker light from a trailer that I swapped the bulb out for a 6 volt,this also works good but at idle it is dim unlike the other kit with the battery.Overall they are a good deal and dont rob any power from the motor like the white wire.
brnot
How many people ride in the dark any way?Am I just the crazy one or are there others?
dance1