Pant legs

GoldenMotor.com

good vibrations

Mar 30, 2010
denva, calarada
I only wear pants when I ride and I tight roll the bottoms like we did in the late 80's early 90's. Fold the cuff over a little then roll the pant leg two or three times to hold the fold in place. Never caught a pant leg and My lgs still have their skin.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
It's a habit for me, bordering on a ritual, that whenever I ride I always tuck my pant cuffs into my socks and my laces into my shoes. I used to take my bicycle (my wonderful Bianchi) to work every day for what seems like ages. One fine day, the end of my crank caught my pant leg somehow (it unrolled a bit and I didn't stop to take care of it) and it fed it to my front sprockets right as I shifted the chain over it. Kissed those Bugle Boys goodbye. If that isn't enough for you: check how long your shoelaces are! On one of my Y-frames I was going downhill while pedaling to make extra time (running late, of course) and I felt my shoelace coming untied. I can only guess at the process, having something to do with the rear sprockets this time I believe, but my ankle was twisted as my shoe was yanked off. A prickley bush was kind enough to catch me. Dammed lace DID NOT break. Being late for work was the least of my problems.
These incidents occurred while on a pedalled bike. On a motorized bike, these issues become potentially life threatening!

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Well, .... I don't get to say this very often, but all you poor suckers that have legs...... since I only have prosthetics below the knees I never wear pants ... ever ! Soooooo, I don't have anything to get caught in the chain, burned, over heated, etc. . But if any of you guys would like to swap-out apendages I'd gladly trade up ... LOL.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
haaaaaa ...............weeelllllll IIIIIIIIIII,,,,, do not have that problem because IIIIve got an Island Hopper chain drive rear mount Bridgestone .
U should just yell at the dogs to stay away from the bike.... they are not stupid u know,,...they know all about it and they are just playin with u.

P.S.....sorrry to hear about ur injury....burns are very misserable and I hope it's not to serious and I hope u recover quickly.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
That tubing idea is so easy, yet a good way to keep the acorn from being a problem, I always thought that I was the only one with that stuff happening.