need help removing a Centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

cruiser66

Mar 4, 2008
Westport, MA
Looks like a centrifugal clutch to me. Very similar to the 4 stroke type. I think it might be the wet variety from looking at what appears to be a drain plug near the bottom of the main gear housing. I'm not familiar with the disassembly of this setup. Hope the above links for help given by the other members are useful.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
After taking a closer look I don't think my link's will help....I've never seen that clutch before :confused:

But yes it look's like you will need a puller similar to the pic below...

A little more info on your motor, maybe I can find something about your clutch.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
My guess is the puller should work if its threaded inside the hole but a call or email to the seller would save lots of guessing.
Norman

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
WELL i DONT KN OW HOW YOUR CLUTCH IS EVEN IN THERE THERE SHOULD ALSO BE A GEAR BEHIND THERE THAT CONNECTS TO THE FRICTION PART OF YOUR CLUTCH MECANISM I HAVE ONE AND IT UTILIZES THE FRICTION CLUTCH JUST HAS DIFFERENT PADS IN IT FOR FULL TIME CONNECTION. LIVEFAST TOO!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is really cool. Have not seen a clutch like that b4. Is it possible it is a DIY wonder? Really is great food for thought.

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
Oh yeah I remember Mine was just like thar I first wiggled the clutch plates free from suck together and or to the friction sleeve. then proceeded to pry them out. I got mine out and cracked the case.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
The centrifugal clutch that I got from ZoomCycles came with a special 'puller'
It threads into the threaded hole in the centrifugal clutch and the end presses against the crankshaft, and as you turn the bolt, the clutch will pop off.