what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Replaced my tensioner with a 4 bolt dual bracket tensioner with sealed bearings - used it to replace my stock bearing tensioner because my chainstay tapers and I was having a little trouble with the tensioner traveling a bit every 100 miles or so. In doing so, I first replaced the bolts in my new tensioner with grade 5 bolts. It's a I figure it should work well, but only time will tell.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

out riding today. the exhaust fix i did earlier in the week...messed up..stripped anuther bolt lol. i put sum JB stik weld on and saw its doing the job. that stuff holds up to heat well. might make sort of gasket with it if it leaks again. would be a permament repair then i guess.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

so after looking at the two pipes for the intake tube, it dawned on me why it was having issues running smoothly and sometimes acting like it's running lean.

speedcarb pipe (because it's epoxyed on) was shorter than the one i had on the NT carb. *facepalm* no wonder why it would be responsive and peppy with it.

swapped it on and held on to dear life when i hit the gas. XD

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

10 mile ride, 16 avg mph, lotsa people smiling and looking and no parts fell off - :)

Life is good.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

HA since my last post on the Grubee 66 cc that I mounted the Manic Mechanic straight ported intake on it has rained continuously. I finished making the gasket for the intake, head and jug yesterday and sealed them up with Iindian Head shellac and reassembled everything yesterday but because of the rain I only got the bike started for short wet runs and found it to be very strong as to its previous state.

Today I got a break in the rain and actually got to take about a 5 mile ride down 741 hwy and this time I thought to bring my GPS to measure top speed. I knew I was going fast but got a lump in my throat when I checked it. Flat and level top speed was 38.4 mph.... Previous best speed was about 32.

If you have a Grubee 66 cc that is well broken in and a good CNSv1 the new intake is awesome and well worth a shot. Right now I am running a 48 tooth sprocket and cant wait to see what it does with the 44 tooth... And the right angle pull fix I did worked flawlessly.

Just amazed I am now ready for a really nice day to ride.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I replaced my rear wheel. The freewheel styled wheel had busted 3 spokes. It was dished for multi-gears. The broken spokes, ironically, were on the pedal chain side.
I put on a coaster brake wheel I had in the inventory. It is a skinnier 26x1 3/8, but it is not dished.
If I have spoke problems with this coaster wheel, I will get it relaced with bigger spokes or buy a wheel built for a tandem or industrial bike. I don't have much time for removing gears to replace spokes and truing wheels.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

bought a 45* bend for the expansion pipe so i could mount it up ward.

hit 39.2 according to the speedometer. it's been a good day

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

38.4 MPH with a 48T rear sprocket......wow you must be turning some serious RPM's...!

My fastest bike is screaming with a 36T sprocket to hit a GPS'd speed of 39MPH, and it is ported pretty good has the manic intake and a very well tuned NT carb. it also has an extremely shaved head so that the compression is very high, so high in fact that if I'm not running fast enough when I dump the clutch it's like slamming on the brakes and will slide the rear wheel to a complete stop.

I'll be very curious to hear what it tops out at with the smaller sprocket for sure, sounds like you must have an excellent engine there.

Peace

.shft.

HA since my last post on the Grubee 66 cc that I mounted the Manic Mechanic straight ported intake on it has rained continuously. I finished making the gasket for the intake, head and jug yesterday and sealed them up with Iindian Head shellac and reassembled everything yesterday but because of the rain I only got the bike started for short wet runs and found it to be very strong as to its previous state.

Today I got a break in the rain and actually got to take about a 5 mile ride down 741 hwy and this time I thought to bring my GPS to measure top speed. I knew I was going fast but got a lump in my throat when I checked it. Flat and level top speed was 38.4 mph.... Previous best speed was about 32.

If you have a Grubee 66 cc that is well broken in and a good CNSv1 the new intake is awesome and well worth a shot. Right now I am running a 48 tooth sprocket and cant wait to see what it does with the 44 tooth... And the right angle pull fix I did worked flawlessly.

Just amazed I am now ready for a really nice day to ride.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

Fixed broken motor mount.

Yesterday I was riding and it started shaking bad, so I shut it down and looked. Couldn't see anything wrong with the quick look beside the road, so I pedaled home and let it cool off. Motor was loose and I started checking the bolts. One of the grade eight 6 mm socket head cap screws was sheared off right at the engine case.

Got the spacers and the screws out (used the dremel slot cut trick) and I noticed a gap. Made up some new spacers to fit perfectly and got some more cap screws. Installed and locktited everything.

Took it out and everything worked great. Until I got 100 feet from home and it died.

I checked and the tank was dry, I ran out of gas.

laff

That's the best breakdown I ever had on this thing.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Took it out and everything worked great. Until I got 100 feet from home and it died.

I checked and the tank was dry, I ran out of gas.

laff

That's the best breakdown I ever had on this thing.
Yep thats a very important item to check before leaving home.....LOL

I have an engien on my bikes so I dont have to peddle unless I want to, so checking the fuel level is very high on my list of things to do before I leave out for a ride......

Glad to hear you got that engine remounted up and in good shape....

Peace

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio

I have oly been building high performance 2 strokes for 30+ years. I pressure tested this engine and sealed the crankcase before installing it and replaced the crank seals with good quality double ribbed seals. I havent hooked up the tach but I can tell you it is a strong 8.5-9K RPM if not higherr and falls right back to 800 idle...

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Thats very cool,

I'm fairly new to the 2 strokes, I've build several pretty solid 4 strokes in the past, but I still have a lot to learn on the 2smokers, built my first engine about 32 years ago myself so I been tinkering with lots of this junk for many years, I had an uncle that set some records on the old Yamaha RD's back in the day, but I was too young & unconcerned at the time to remember all the stuff he said about the engine work he did back them, he owned a Yamaha deakership here in Texas at that time, but He's passed on now so I cant ask him about any of it.

I wish I would have been older so I could have learned more of the stuff on the 2 strokes like you are talking about, I sure could have used it now while tinkering with these china girls.

Keep us posted on your results and post some pics too if you can, I know I am very interested in your project and wish you the best of luck with it.

Peace

I have oly been building high performance 2 strokes for 30+ years. I pressure tested this engine and sealed the crankcase before installing it and replaced the crank seals with good quality double ribbed seals. I havent hooked up the tach but I can tell you it is a strong 8.5-9K RPM if not higherr and falls right back to 800 idle...

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I securely mounted the Tanaka three-piece expansion pipe onto my Tanaka 47R engine. I love how the pipe curls over the bike's top tube and back under the down tube to end near the carb's air filter. This pipe also allows the OEM Tanaka muffler to bolt onto the pipe's silencer. This should make it much quieter than stock, which is very loud. All I need to do is wrap some heat protection around the silicon exhaust tubing near the expansion pipe. This 39" hose connects to the OEM muffler and runs past the rear axles.

After I mount the Happy Time four-liter fuel tank on the rear rack, my MB will be ready to roll.

Previous top speed is 40+ mph. With this new pipe, I'm expecting 45+mph at 8,000rpm.xct2

Nyteflyte

Feb 16, 2011
Kenn Wa

I Transformed A Kids Trailer Into A Dog Hauler He Didn't Like It At First I Put A Plexiglass Window In Front As He (Buddy) Is Very Nosey Now When I Open The Garage Door He Heads Strait For The Trailer Instead Of The Pickup Guess He Likes The Windshield

thunderbolts

Apr 23, 2011
Maine

Today?????????????? I spent the same as the last week trying to get a new 48cc silver slant sky hawk with the new junk carb to run other than just idle, chasing air leaks and still getting no power and a super boggy motor cant even ride it!!!! I think kings gas motors needs to re up date there so called new carb and replace it with the old style. I am going to remove the carb and install a old one to see if it solves my dilemma !!!!!! Cant get any help from KINGS

Nyteflyte

Feb 16, 2011
Kenn Wa

I Transformed A Kids Trailer Into A Dog Hauler He Didn't Like It At First I Put A Plexiglass Window In Front As He (Buddy) Is Very Nosey Now When I Open The Garage Door He Heads Strait For The Trailer Instead Of The Pickup Guess He Likes The Windshield

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Today?????????????? I spent the same as the last week trying to get a new 48cc silver slant sky hawk with the new junk carb to run other than just idle, chasing air leaks and still getting no power and a super boggy motor cant even ride it!!!! I think kings gas motors needs to re up date there so called new carb and replace it with the old style. I am going to remove the carb and install a old one to see if it solves my dilemma !!!!!! Cant get any help from KINGS
kings is the same as gasbike.net (i think) good luck trying to get any type of help from them

also i agree with that carb the new (CNSv2) carb is s*** get a NT or a SPEED carb. simple design, not much that can get screwed up on it.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Nothing much, worked on the tank a bit. Waiting for parts to get here but the SBP M6 1.00 head stud set is here already.. I ordered on Friday. Some of the stuff I ordered was shipped today. Guess who I'm going to try to order from when I can?

The 3" coupler collar I needed for the tank arrived. Waiting for a few small parts for it, too, then I can get on with that build. Should be about 10 pounds of copper when it's done... I look at it this way; if I break down somewhere I can sell the copper :p

.weld

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Did the Starbucks/ grocery store for a basket of stuff thing with the 50 slant-
went out a couple days ago with the 66- 36 sprock NTSpeed carb on the newer short billet- and thought "This thing is just too fast!"

the 50 slant with the old carb on sleeves is running OK but not great- not really broke in I don't think- but the pedal even seems harder- Did I get something older than needle bearings ? don't know

anyway, it didn't like to get shut off, like I always do at long lights- and it was bogging down a little the last couple of miles- I wonder about the mix. I'd like to put my older billet intake on, but the studs are different spacing on sleeve carb and I'd have to redrill the billet-

So I though about getting a bigger carb- I'll be patient- it just isn't getting out of 4 stroking much- but has run fairly well.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

On a ride to the store last night my chain almost skipped off the sprocket! So, I pulled a full link segment, as there was way too much slack with the new tensioner. Now it's looking good! I also put the pulley on the tensioner on the other side and reversed the brackets, so it's able to guide the chain on the sprocket, but without the angle.

Very pleased with my new chain breaker - it's designed for 520, but works well enough to punch a pin out halfway, then I can use my standard bike chain breaker to push it through the rest of the way.