Best compliment ever-

GoldenMotor.com

metta

Mar 10, 2009
GR/MI
Just went to the gas station to get some smokes. A lady was outside looking at the bike. She said- What year is that bike?

She thought it was an old scooter- I told her it was a 2009.... Schwinn. Then I explained it was motorized bicycle. Like most people I encounter when riding, she thought it was really cool.
(p)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Must have been just that kind of day. I was riding today when two women in a huge diesel pickup came along side and flagged me over. When I stopped and they got out to come back they were both smiling. They wanted to know all about the bike; you know the usual questions: "How much did it cost?...How fast can it go? Where did you get it? and on and on. I carry business cards with this forum's web address and gave them each a card. They asked if I'd build them bikes. I said yes and gave them my phone number. They told me they both have Harleys and they thought my Jagaur was the neatest thing they'd ever seen. We all went away smiling. Maybe we'll see them here some day.
Tom

mvandor

Feb 28, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
I was biking to work tonight when a red car passed by and a girl, passenger side, whistles at me (as in me on this oddly cool bike... not ME!). they pulled in front of me allowing for plenty of room- no crowding, and had to come to a stop at a lighted intersection just a bit up ahead. As I approached she leans out the window and asks how I'm doing tonight. Didn't have a chance for questions about the bike though, light changed and they were off.

kawasaki

Jan 11, 2009
seminole fl.
2 months ago 8 of us motorbikers were riding out to the beach in the bicycle lane when a girl on a harley pulled along side of us, she was staring so hard at us that when the porsch convertable stopped in front of her, thats right BAM! she hit it and flew over the porsch..duh.

mvandor

Feb 28, 2009
Springfield, Missouri
On the way home from work that next morning I pulled into the turn lane of a main road through town (not heavily trafficked at the time) and a guy in a blue sports sedan stares a the bike while slowly passing me on my right with his eye brows furrowed and mouth open. Good thing no car stopped in front of him or he'd have never even seen it either.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Since the weather has warmed up we have been loading the bikes on the carrier and going to a couple different State Parks in the area. I can't believe how many people ask questions about the bikes. Seems 99% of the time the first question is "How fast will it go?" The second is where did you get it? Everyone always says they have got to have one, but you know I have only ever heard back from one person about actually buying one.
I always refer them to this website so maybe they are building their own.

John

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
today i was riding down the street from my house (about a mile away, and this girl in a Chevy implala pulls up next to me and asks me the usual questions, and asks me to build one for her, so i gave her my numero. i think i'll charge 150 to put it on her bike, including parts :)

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I had a couple (about 60 yrs old) follow me home and said "We've been chasing you. Where did you get that?" I gave them all the usual answers. Told them to go to Motorbicycling.com" The guy was very interested. He ended it with "Man, that is cool and you're really enjoying it too." I agreed 100%

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Went to the gas station with my usual on gallon gas tank hanging off my BMX bars in two plastic store bags. [premix already in it it just fill it up]. When a lady came up said here brother had one and immediately recognized the SBP j shaft on my china. Said her brother did not have that add on yet. Asked me how I liked it. The guys at the station get a kick out of seeing me show up for one gallon of gas every three weaks. Went to a local vegetable and meat market where I had the bike leaning on a post outside the door and I could keep an eye on it. While inside there were too older retired old men looking at it one had there face about two inches from the china looking for numbers or a brand name. [That was before the J shaft was installed] He really wanted to know what I got that engine off of. Told him it was a china sent em here. People are curious about these things!

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I've had people ask me how much too!

I told them it was $299 at Walmart.

They replied "REALLY?"...

I said no, not really, You have to build it yourself.

AWWWW................

Last edited:

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
today, as i was making the turn onto a friend's street, a cop pulled me over. he asked me what was this thing i was riding, and asked me the usual, if it was street legal, price of the kit, and how fast, and where he could get them, because he said that his department needed something on their bikes. i gave him my email, an told him to tell his supervisor. best day all week.dance1