Connecticut rally?

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Is this still a thing? I've managed to be motorbike free the last couple events, but am certain i will not be again.

Any info would be great.

Thanks, wickedest
r.ly.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was just talking to Carol about when to do one, Wickedest.

I am up for one. Weathersfield again? Really like the DMV park we used last.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome, Wickedest. (dang, could walk there from my house and never heard of it)

Was gonna do a picnic/ ride before June. What do ya think of doing 2?
And do ya think the folks at the swap meet will jump us when we ride up on MBs? snork

I think Carol enjoys these things more than I do. She still has yet to ride one, too.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
We motorbikers are a nice lot for the most part. As are most of the folk who attend this bicycle swap. I've been in contact with the person who is sponsoring the event in regards to motor assisted bicycles being allowed. Probably not inside, seeing as it's a school building. Lot of People hang around outside and ride bikes. Don't see the harm in parking outside. I will gladly update when i hear back.

As for ride/rally events, the more the merrier i say.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
In regards to motor assisted bicycles, the coordinator responded back and asked we not have them there. No problem on my end. Bicycles are my love.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ahh. Totally cool as far as I am concerned. We could ride up and park on the street. I will hang with the bikes. It's a really nice ride from the park to there, too.

I was gonna post a link to the South Park episode with the Harley riders who walk around going "Broom, broom, brooooom...." for attention. It's hysterical but couldn't find one with the curses and insults taken out. (do they think is us?) LoL

Right next to that DMV park, there is "Cove Park" But Carol has volunteered her canoe.

But any way and now the fun part. (takes a week to get a date that works for every one)

But what about next Sunday? Apr. 23 around or at noon?

Follow directions to Cove boat launch, not Cove park. If you accidently end up in Cove park, just look down the hill and to the right of the water and you will see the other part of the park.

2 funny but am looking around my shop and don't think I have a single running MB right now. That's a bit of a motavator.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Unfortunately Sunday is out for me. Would have gone but picked up an extra shift. (Food, apparently, is important. So the wife says)

Not exactly sure when anyone may be free, but weekdays, as of now, work the best for me. 3rd shifter.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sundys are not really great for me, either. I always do 'em on Sundays thinking most folks have it free.

And no one else seemed interested so all good.

But fer mui, what ever day or days work, I'm in.
Really looking forward to playing with the canoe. Carol has had it for a couple of years and so far, didn't get it wet once.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Hey guys slow down. Give me 3 months to put some mods and iii make a cross country thread here. Along with the ride. Lemme put a fat rear :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Tony, your signature always cracks me up! (and I hate my neighbors, so... lol)

Are ya really planning a cross country!? That would be so cool!

Years back, another member did that and checked in on the forum every day. What was really cool was every time he got in to trouble with breakdowns or whatever, some one was close enough to help him out. Some really great people here!

I wanna do one on RT one. From Maine to Key West Fla as a charity thing for St. Judes. Get donations for every mile or some thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_1

That would be a blast and do a good thing. Win/win sort of deal. Of course if ya do some thing like that on a China-gurl, we would have pools gambling on breakdowns at what intervals, LoL.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Hey everyone, it's been a LOOOONG time. I've got a really sweet project going right now that should be done by the summer. I'm back in Madison CT and would love to connect with the other New Englanders at a rally. Keep me in the loop on a final date. Dan, I look forward to seeing you again!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was, no kidding thinking about this! NS and so glad ya brought it up, LS!. How about doing a few as well?

That park is perfect but open to where ever.

I have 2 builds underway. I'm up for a 10K$ grant to develop a SVT and pushets. I'll post a link. Inviting folks from here to go with me. It's a blast. They do a thing like the TV show, "shark tank" Some really cool inventions and stuff presented. I'll post links. But email me your information and I'll get you ticket(s) it really is fun.

But back to this. Think Sundays are best? Self employed, here. So name a date which will be changed 3 times due to conflicts, lol.

Really cool ya brought it up.

Gotta requisition an event kit for myself, har.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was just gonna ask.

Whats every one think? I just finished a very expensive POS 4 smoke and working on a hottie 2 stroker.