Bisbee trip to visit Spooky Tooth Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
This may have made you think I was posting photos of my beautiful trip to bisbee from Apache Junction yesterday. Nope I forgot my camera. The trip is about 400 miles round trip so took a good 8 hours plus the 2 hours we visited the shop there. Roland, Heather and the rest of the group were most helpful and spent time showing their shop and products. They have some great bikes on display in the showroom, with both electric and gas powered and a few variations of each system. I really had a good time and hope they did not mind our long visit interrupting business. Having worked 15 years in about 6 different shops and owning my own for 1 year, I was comfortable in their well stocked shop area where they build and work on bikes. Bisbee is a mining town from 1880 near Tombstome AZ and is on the side of the mountain, so every thing is either up or down with little flat ground. And by the way they have throttle grips, someone was looking for them? They have lots of stock so check them out since the products are there and good and what a lot of us are using. Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Home

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
he's a pretty cool dude (very animated...you can tell he's thinkin about a thousand things at once :))
heather (heathen on their forum) is a very mab savvy person as well
I wish their site loaded faster tho...been ragging at him about it for 3 years :):):)

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I live, what, about an hour away from Bisbee ? But I haven't been to Bisbee since the early 90s.
Roland has in the past few months taken over the Tucson shop, his former digs on St. Mary's Road.
Fred, at that shop is an expert also, very helpful, and is available to answer questions.
I'll be taking an electric hub trike over to Fred to examine the damage done by my elderly buddy. My buddy has some dementia creeping up on him and tries valiantly to fix the trike, even when it doesn't need fixing. Roland has shown saint-like patience with my buddy and has repaired the trike on numerous occasions for the cost of parts only. He has literally saved my buddy's life by fixing the trike and allowing my somewhat confused friend, mobility, and a great measure of independence in the heat of Arizona's summer.
I would like to give Roland our thanks and an award for his help and contributions to the motorbicycling community. Any ideas for a show of appreciation ? A certificate, trophy, or at least a keg of beer? All of the above?
There is only "one" Roland, Heather and Spooky Tooth. I'll be a loyal customer, however infrequently, as long as they are in business.
(Spooky Tooth was a "rock" group from the seventies, I used to have a "record" by them)

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Have visited Bisbee many times since the 70's. July 4th was famous for the soapbox races down the canyon. Races ceased to be part of the festivities when someone was injured. I hear they started them up again. Southeastern AZ is an interesting area.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I like the town of Bisbee, and also tombstone. If I ever get back down to see my buddy in Sierra Vista I will definitely make the trip over to Bisbee.

John

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Bisbee is a nice place. I've promised my wife to take her to the Copper Queen Hotel, reputedly haunted. My wife has been getting "Certified" by renowned paranormal researcher Dr. Schwartz.
He does real and scientific paranormal investigations, not to be confused with TV stuff like "Ghost Hunters", although that show is interesting. :D

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Weedylot, to learn the truth about Dr. Schwartz, go to the James Randi Educational Foundation and do a search for Gary Schwartz or Dr. Swartz. Nuff' said.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Oh I've gotten my own truth for years about astrology, numerology, ghost hunting, gambling systems, liberal politics and all the rest of the hokum I've been subjected to.
I humor my wife with her interest, she could be hiding in the bottle or sucking on a crack pipe. Ghost hunting is relatively harmless and cheap. I don't want to take away her diversion from the grim reality of working for the corrupt university. ( Her job entails covering up the corruption in her department, not kidding.) :D

kinks

Aug 4, 2009
Houston Tx
dang use to live in Sierra Vista /Ft huachuca (Military brat) 1980 we use to race on an old road that lead to Bisbee and plenty of space

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
sad to said this but the spooky tooth here in Tucson close down they said they might be opening one later towards the end of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Roland shut down the Tucson operation due to various problems with the business. The Bisbee branch is going strong afaik! I hope they open a new shop in Tucson. It is nice to not have to wait/pay shipping!

.trk