State of Maine sidewalks

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I'd say no, cut the motor and pedal.its still a vehicle with a motor, Might not be in motorized bike laws but it's def. a law for side walks.,I'm sure the bike path also has laws against motor vehicles.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
You cannot ride where bicycles are prohibited.

Cylon, Somebody would not like it. I would not ride on the sidewalk.

Last edited:

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
i would verify with your local police chief or sheriff, fines and impound bills totaling more than the value of the bike is a hard way to find out.

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Well I asked because my dad and I were watching the canoe races on the kenduskeag. We were on Griffen road then hit the trail by the bridge to watch them wipe out and a game warden told us we couldn't be on the trail because atvs had tore it up and he didn't know what to think of the motorbikes so he just considered them dirt bikes on private land and sent us on our way. I did call the Bangor pd and that link is what the sent me in a email. So I've already contacted the cops. It does make sense tho that people would be pissed lol. Guess the rules are pretty lax up here.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Interesting about the Game Warden. It is curious why he be stressed over your bikes at the event. I was @ 6 mi Falls, watched them for a bit. Buzzed by a BGR PD Car and a Sheriff.
Slowly. Later A BGR PD directing traffic on Ohio st/Finson rd. He waved me through. Had a Great day riding Saturday morning. Nice weather finally.