Night ride

GoldenMotor.com

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
THanks! I used the gopro rollbar mount and put it on the goose neck. Its pretty large mount and articulates quite a bit.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Oh man!!! 37mph on that little trail is way faster than I'd be willing to go at night!!! Nice ride!!! Shifting just sounds right too.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
The bike runs so well it's pretty impressive.
Nice job on the ratios, too. It goes fast without being all rung out.
I kept worrying about some varmint or marsupial wandering onto the path. They be out there at night.
Nice vid- Thanks for the look!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Oh man!!! 37mph on that little trail is way faster than I'd be willing to go at night!!! Nice ride!!! Shifting just sounds right too.
The bike runs so well it's pretty impressive.
Nice job on the ratios, too. It goes fast without being all rung out.
I kept worrying about some varmint or marsupial wandering onto the path. They be out there at night.
Nice vid- Thanks for the look!

I still remember the video of the member hitting a deer during a night-time WOT run.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
That looks lik a lot of fun, i tried one night run, bugs were so bad i regretted even trying. Turned around and never again. Im in farm country, and the variety of insects attracted to light is rather vast, even thought i would prefer night riding, i dont.

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
Close! :)

Its a IGH that is the jackshaft. The rear wheel has a BMX 20 tooth freewheel sprocket.

The engine powers the IGH, and then ea chain runs to the rear wheel from the IGH. I use a shimano nexus tricycle hub, which is just an nexus inter-3 with a 20 tooth sprocket instead of a spoke flange. They are manufactured for the torker adult trike.

You might remember me preaching the value of the IGH jackshaft.

Normally in stock here http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/torker-tri-star-3-speed-coaster-brake-hub

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
Here is the lighting system Ive been using. Its been good to me almost 5 years and running. Currently powered by the front dynamo hub.

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
this sounds really cool, but Im confused. you mounted a internal gear hub with 2 sprockets to your frame in place of a jackshaft? one side engine the other to the rear sprocket? what about the regular bike drive chain?

I will try dig up your threads on this

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
ok I see your running a scooter, little bit different set up. still I guess I could mount the hub like a jackshaft to power the back wheel, and have a 2 chain set up still (3 technically) with the bikes normal drive side left untouched.