Early Spring Library Run

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Nice video.

But don't hold out on us like this. We need to see that bike!

We're just about fully leafed-out here, by the way. (Just had to rub it in, didn't I?)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Blue,
Pictures of that old bike have been posted here so many times I'm ashamed. It's in my profile album. Looks today just like it did several years ago.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for taking us along for the ride Tom :)

Your Norton is a nice bike and I certainly enjoyed the original build thread.
Thanks everyone.
Wow, Anne, I can't even remember the title of that old thread. It's such an old bike and was built back when the Schwinn Jaguar was popular. Maybe early 2000?

I remember getting the bike from a guy who worked for me. He told me he had an "old bike that was in good shape" and sold it to me for $40.00. All it needed was tires and some loving care. I motorized it and have ridden it a lot for all these years.

The Norton has seen a lot of miles since then. Still runs great and is a reliable mode of transportation. I have kind of an attachment to it. :)

Thanks again.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Man I feel bad, I've been so busy with my new job I haven't had muck time to ride. I did make a couple of short runs on each bike the other day to ease my guilt a little, and got out the go pro and went through all the accessories that I haven't used yet! Thanks Tom for making me feel bad! Now I have to go out and use all this "stuff" I got as Christmas gifts!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Excellent video Tom, enjoyed it much, I've always been a fan of that bike, the Norton and the Easy Rider bike are my favorites in your heard for sure.

Thanks for sharing your journey sir.

Shan

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Just curious Tom, but how many miles do you figure you have on that Norton bike with Happy Time engine? I thought she sure sounded nice in the video!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just curious Tom, but how many miles do you figure you have on that Norton bike with Happy Time engine? I thought she sure sounded nice in the video!
Ray,
Last week the odometer topped 2000 miles. That old bike has served me well. If things go as expected I'll let you ride it in June. I plan to bring it and the Captian America chopper with me.

Tom