My Kulana Moondog cruiser first fitup 48cc

GoldenMotor.com

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Taking the stickers off made a big diffrence, good looking bike. Looks like you've got a roundhead on there, how do you like it?...Kelly
Hi, Yeah I take the stickers off them right away ! :)

That bike gets a ride every day ! That is one nice running motor ! I can't find any more like it. I bought it on eBay for $102. What a deal !

They cost more on eBay now. Gas is way up and people are getting their tax rebate checks.

(c)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Moondog #1 is sold. I went to buy another one at WalMart but they only had the new model. The low sitting Moondogs are only online at WalMart.com. Oh well.

I bought an orange new model one.

The good news is that it is easy to make an engine mount for the front.

Thanks, motorbiker
What kind of mount did you use? (orangedog)

What is the standard practice for the greendog?

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Hi, I like Matt's way.

Put rubber radiator or heater hose on the frame, tape around it and rubber mount the motor.

For the front mount cut a spacer and drill 4 holes in it. Two for the studs in the motor and two outside of those holes and put a U bolt around the frame.

Weld a piece of sheet metal shaped to meet the curve in the u bolt where it meets the rubber. Do the same for the spacer where it meets the rubber hose on the frame. Double nut everything.

I filed the back mount to allow rubber mounting in the back too.

Rubber mounted 2 stroke Moon Dog is smooth ! (c)

Last edited:

kr632

Apr 13, 2009
buffalo
i had the moon dog for a week. i had sooo many offers for it. just sold it for $500 now im buying two more and selling one. the way yours is set up looks better than mine did.