1947 Whizzer ride

GoldenMotor.com

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Runs good! The old girl still has it.
Those Whizzers sure do sound bigger than they are in videos. They are illegal to ride here, too much displacement. It's a darned shame.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Yeah Racie SlowBalt clearly ran 13 stop signs. Near the end he did slow down for one because cars were coming from both directions on the through road but still didn't come to a complete stop. Another time a car was coming to the left but was through the intersection before he got there. The worst one was passing a SUV to the right at a stop sign. It would have also been nice to get a walk around look at the bike before the ride.

SlowBalt we're getting our bikes taken in more and more places, please in the future make videos of responsible riding. All to often people take bad bicycle riding habits and transfer them over to motorized bikes. Slowbalt if we're going to make videos lets show we are law abiding citizens who deserve to be on the public roadways.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I wasn't trying to stir up trouble but I understand your concern too. I've met and rode my whizzer with slobalt and he's a really nice guy and promotes the hobby sincerly.
That said I have a few observations...bikes belt slips excessive at stop and idle isn't the best...May make one wanna roll through some stops. Just a thought.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I can certainly understand issues with a bike. It has more to do with making videos of it. Until now bike issues wasn't even known. To the person watching for the first time it looks like irresponsible riding. Hope those issues get fixed. Would love to see a video which has a walk around look of the bike.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Clearly...SlowBalt was having to much fun... Right On!!
When you adjust the belts, be sure that you use the belt guard to help slip the primary belt.

Ray

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Just to explain. Yes i rolled many stop signs on my ride . But what you can't see in the video is. I can clearly see down the roads that i am crossing. And the only one that did have a car approaching waved me threw.
At my fastest i was only going 25. When riding in the city, I always stop and look.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Slowbat. Sounds good! I haven't even started that Whizzer I bought in Pa. Guess I'll drain it for the winter. Haven't started a new winter project as I have two many MB's now! See U in the spring.

Jim E.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I believe it is a 56 restored, but I'm not a whizzer guy. Just thought I should have one in my collection.

Have gone on a few of Slowbalts rides and he strikes me as a very safe and skillful rider.