GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beam

Sep 11, 2014
Bowral NSW
G'day 'guys',

We in N.S.W. Australia need help.

NEWS FLASH… I just received a call from a friend who told me that N.S.W. Liberals (Aussie Republicans) are about to ban all eBikes… this is insane, most of the world is encouraging eBikes!

For the record, I’m totally, as a disabled person, dependant on my eBike, when I go through periods of not being able to walk, I can still get around using my eBike, I can go to my doctor, shopping; using the shopping trolly to assist me once I’m there etc.

This proposed Law is totally insane, first they try to cut back on cycleway, now when people are starting to use electrically assisted bikes rather than cars… they start to stop them, it’s in keeping with the Libs renewable energy hatred; brought about by the Mineral Council etc. political donations and lobbying.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Beam

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Oh these people aren't short sighted at all they're just greedy. Its like you said they're only looking out for the ones whose putting money in their pockets.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Could booze be next?
Yes, alcohol tax's in OZ are outrageous.
having worked in the tourism industry, visitors are shocked by the cost of eating and drinking out in OZ.
This Government is all about the middle class, bunch of burecratic pencil pushing never done a hard days work in their lives, private school snobs.
Who no doubt are investing in private run jails.
As they push Austrailia closer and closer to the way America treats their poor.
If only we could get the rich to pay the tax their due,

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
In NSW if your car is old you pay more rego, if your under 25 you pay more rego.
Last thing they want is a bunch of poor young people not having to rego a car!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The one thing that cracked me up living in Australia was if your car had too much rust, it wouldn't pass rego! That's right on par with the crazy CARB compliant laws of California......although neither has anything in common with each other :D

Rust buckets kill and so does un-breathable air is the moral of the story......;)

It's a good thing the Government is looking out for us, otherwise we'd all be dead!

dnut

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
America did just fine 200 years ago when it was barely governed at all. Same with OZ and many other countries, lax laws build the country and some riches. Those riches later pass laws to remove the builders and the people responsible for everything they enjoy, to create more riches!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This thread was started by an individual who has not yet established him/herself as an active motorbike builder or enthusiast on the forum. He is quoting from a telephone call from a friend. No factual information regarding the subject was offered.

Now the thread is turning into a political debate which runs counter to forum rules. Therefore it is the decision of the staff to close this thread. Feel free to contact any staff member if you have questions or concerns regarding this action.

Status
Not open for further replies.