2 cylinder black & blue lightweight

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You have built an awesome bike!
I greatly appreciate your attention to detail and must agree with others here. It does look factory made. I really like that old twin and envy your belt drive. I bet it is really quiet and smooth running.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Now twice the fun

I have modified this winters build to carry a passanger. the passanger addition can be removed or mounted using only 4 bolts. The handle bars fold down when not in use. I still have to install foot pegs.

Attachments

vairdude

Mar 15, 2013
fairhaven mass
Not quite sure what catagory to post this under.

I Got tired of walking by this engine in my workshop and decided it deserved better than collecting dust. Also had an old Huffy(American made) so I thought I’d combine them. finally have done enough to take a few progress pictures.
nice
rides

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
You've done it again! Another great one of a kind, made well and with style... I like it a lot!
SB
SB,
The funny thing about this build is that I bought the engine on ebay. the seller said he knew nothing about it and is sold "as-is".

To me that usually means that it either does not run or has problems.
I built the bike around the engine even though I never tried to start it!

Guess I was just hungry to build something, even knowing that if the engine didn't work; it would be a major project to adapt a different engine.

Had a nice day Sat; pulled the build out in the yard and fueled it up. Two pulls and the little engine came to life!!! Didn't run it too long as I only had 32:1 fuel and this engine requires 16:1(old school). It ran smooth and sounded great1

Soon as the weather changes I'll test ride it(snowed today). The super monark twin used a version of this engine that had a manual timming adv/retard setup. I will try to modify this magnito to mimic that, the slower idle would be nice.

Later
Jim E