Superpedestrian Copenhagen Wheel

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Here's from the FAQs:
Do I have to have a smart phone to use the Copenhagen Wheel?
No, the wheel will work without a smartphone. You may miss some of the functionalities you would get via the app, such as tracking your routes, performance, and more.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
I like electric bikes and electric bike rides and am into ebike ride data logging.

Using a smart phone to do ebike ride data logging of my ebike rides is of much interest to me.

An Android phone or tablet will connect to wifi with no phone plan and download apps and could be used for ebike data logging with the SCW ?

I would like to see the owners manual and service manual for the wheel. :)

Last edited:

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Blood pressure testing with the old Huffy.

took first picture at 1:45 today.

Went for a 5.2 mile ride on the old Huffy.

took second picture at 2:30 today right after the ride.

Attachments

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Here's from the FAQs:
Do I have to have a smart phone to use the Copenhagen Wheel?
No, the wheel will work without a smartphone. You may miss some of the functionalities you would get via the app, such as tracking your routes, performance, and more.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
Correct, like setting how the thing decides how much help to give and when on it's own.

It has no controls of it's own of any kind so if it comes out of the factory exactly perfect for your bike and the way you want to ride cool.

To me that is like buying a new TV with no buttons or dials, and you don't get a free remote control for it.
Dandy if it's set to the channel and volume you want, but you have to buy a smart phone to do anything else with it.

I'll pass.

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Lots of people buy a CA or watt's up meter or cell logs and such to log ebike ride data.

Used Android phones and tablets are cheap and would really make for low cost feedback about what is going on with the ebike.

I rode with a smartphone before and it was not connected to the motor.

It would tell me how fast I was going and where I was.

One connected to the motor could show and log so much more info about the ride.

I am interested in ebike ride data including how ebiking affects my blood pressure, pulse rate.

The SCW and my human motor could be data logged at the same time ?

It could show how much power each motor is putting on the rear wheel ?

The human motor is very complex and will be interesting to data log too.

Last edited:

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Correct, like setting how the thing decides how much help to give and when on it's own.

It has no controls of it's own of any kind so if it comes out of the factory exactly perfect for your bike and the way you want to ride cool.

To me that is like buying a new TV with no buttons or dials, and you don't get a free remote control for it.
Dandy if it's set to the channel and volume you want, but you have to buy a smart phone to do anything else with it.

I'll pass.

Seen the new smart tvs ?

They tell LG what you are watching ? :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25018225

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
googlebot copenhagen pedestrian wheel smartphone NSA good

:)

must use with smartphone to keep NSA at nice cushy desk job!

i like all the fancy hi-tech fun gadgets.
rc

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Last edited: