show and tell for your lighting systems

GoldenMotor.com

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Just wanted to start a thread for people to post pictures of how bright there headlights are or cool looking here's mine
Cree x7 eat 9800 lumens

Its hard to find places in Brampton but as you can see in the second pic it lights up all the way to the shore on the lake in my back yard (c)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

880 lumen from a converted pair of 'Torchstar' LED MR16 Halogen replacement interior lighting spotlights (12V 4W/440 lumen), one with a 30° beam angle (high beam & cool white) and one with a 60° for the low/daytime driving (in a warm yellow). Just 4w instead of 50w & best of all - jus' four bucks each :D

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
I got mine off eBay for like 50$ took like a month to deliver from hong Kong but worth it I find.

I need to make a mounting bracket that attaches to the bottom of the forks stem

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
what did you use for a battery system ? barely awake. and rock out . I bought a wallmart special one and its no where near bright enough I gota find a better light system . and thanks guys.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The build they're on has it's own charging system but the LED MR16 units are 12v DC @ 4W, which is just a 0.33 Amp draw (ea.), so any little scooter, moped or lawnmower battery should power them for a good long time if ya wanna go the inexpensive DIY route - rock out's Cree system may seem spendy in comparison, but I think it comes w/it's own battery so that's not a bad deal either :)

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
cool ya i dont know if the famous white wire on my china girl will produce enough power but i thought about a lawnmower batterry or mabe even a scooter batery i will have to try to figure out the mounting and what all needs to be done electcal wise to.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Yeah it comes with its own rechargeable battery pack with quick disconnect wire I'll get the link for it later. But if you wanna Google it I think I searched "7x Cree headlight" or 10000 lumens headlight

It also has high low and strobe which is super bright even during bright sunny days

paintgun

Nov 17, 2013
Illinois
Bill, that dreaded white wire wouldn't power an electric birthday candle. And besides, it's only 6V. I've read where guys try to use it and with some light systems draws so much current it kills the engine. Robs all the juice for the spark plug, from what I understand. Best to go with a separate power source. A friend of mine has an arsenal of flashlights. He has one that's darn near bright as a regular headlight. And it's pocket-sized. Was thinking of getting a mount that will hold it and get one.

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
ya I have thought about a flashlight I might get a small battery system like mabe a lawnmower 12 volt battery or something like that and make me a light system and battery box / pack. and thanks for the heads up on the white wire .

Last edited: