My Beach Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Here's a picture before I destroyed the rack. This is the rack from BMS Battery with the new battery I bought. Of course I needed to get the maximum mileage so I loaded the BoXer battery also on the rack.

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Here's the rack after the weight damage was done. I'm putting my old rack back on. It's made of steel and can hold 70lbs.

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
good plan. batteries are to expensive to put a cheap rack to hold them, nice thing is with a motorized bicycle weight is not a big factor unless carrying them up and down the stairs like i do lol

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The new rack I use is holding up pretty good. It's rated to carry 75 lbs. I have been carrying two batteries on it. What I did was use my son's old back pack. It holds both batteries along with my tools.
Every weekend for the last few months, I've been going on early 5am bike rides. At first I was using a cheap Bell light that really was built for being visible. I just got a pair of 1000 lumens flash lights for $18. They work pretty good but they are closer to 800 lumens when both on.
Today I hit another goal. It was seeing if I can reach the 60 mile trip. The bike went 60.8 miles and still had a little bit of juice.
This bike is so comfortable to ride, it makes the BoXer seem like a hard tail. However, doesn't handle as good.
After the feed back about the forks, I'm so paranoid that they will crack while cruising down the road someday. I've been checking them before I ride and they seem to be holding up as well. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a front suspension with a 1" stem? I just want to be prepared just in case the springer forks breaks.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
"You're right, I think it would be ok to keep using the springer forks because electric bikes don't vibrate like petrol engines."
I ran a springer fork like yours on my gas bike for four years with no problems. It should work fine, unless you do off road trail riding. Venicemotorbikes and some other vendors offer a disc brake adaptor for that fork.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
"You're right, I think it would be ok to keep using the springer forks because electric bikes don't vibrate like petrol engines."
I ran a springer fork like yours on my gas bike for four years with no problems. It should work fine, unless you do off road trail riding. Venicemotorbikes and some other vendors offer a disc brake adaptor for that fork.
Thanks WB
I do ride on dirt trails but they are usually not that rough. Did your springer fork break or did you retire your gas bike?
I was thinking about using a disc brake on the front but after putting hundreds of miles on the bike already. The brakes I have work really good and the best part is they don't making any noise.