los angeles riders sept 21-23 moped activity join up???

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
www.thewoolybullies.com are sponsoring a weekend of moped fun- party and rides
out of choke mopeds
located at 4157 normal ave. los angeles
telephone # 323-662-4653

dates 20-22 NOT 21-23!!!!!!

they are doing a sunday beach ride -- maybe a hook up???---
something to consider
I do not know their route ???

any feedback?????? there should be a big moped turnout???!!!!

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I have talked to Chris who is running it and if you want to ride with them you must be CA legal.

That means you are wearing a DOT labeled helmet and have the moped license plate. I doubt if they are checking that you have a M1 or M2 LOL

If you don't have those they don't want you riding with them.

Christophe of Tomahawk Mopeds is sponsoring the event. Ryan and a bunch of the guys that race with us will be there.

Unfortuneatly I am working that weekend

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
we can simply hang and party with them and then do our own ride out and then rejoin them if so interested each day or ?????

LA RIDERS PLEASE CHIME IN so we know if something of this nature is going to come about

chris/Christophe is certainly a mopeder but a tried and true motorized bicycle event participant as well!!!!!

without a moped license we can do our own thing and plenty of riders could turn out if we organize and telephone -notify each other

neil a positive solution/idea/suggestion rather than an overall negative perspective would be greatly appreciated in all thngs - but thanks for bringing their needs to my/our attention

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
we can simply hang and party with them and then do our own ride out and then rejoin them if so interested each day or ?????

LA RIDERS PLEASE CHIME IN so we know if something of this nature is going to come about

chris/Christophe is certainly a mopeder but a tried and true motorized bicycle event participant as well!!!!!

without a moped license we can do our own thing and plenty of riders could turn out if we organize and telephone -notify each other

neil a positive solution/idea/suggestion rather than an overall negative perspective would be greatly appreciated in all thngs - but thanks for bringing their needs to my/our attention
No sure how fast they'll be rollin but I'll try my best to keep up with them.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
got to catch the action a CHOKE the moped joint in la ON NORMAL STREET ON
SATURDAY BEFORE THEIR ROLL OUT
counted xclose to 140 MOPEDS OF EVERY SIZE SHAPE AND COLOR

THE MOPED GUYS a younger crowd than the motorized bicycles --average younger 30 something --
TURN OUT!!! and their rides are all over town and then some

was fun to see-- lots of go pros so there are probably a slew of you tubes posted ????

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
got to catch the action a CHOKE the moped joint in la ON NORMAL STREET ON
SATURDAY BEFORE THEIR ROLL OUT
counted xclose to 140 MOPEDS OF EVERY SIZE SHAPE AND COLOR

THE MOPED GUYS a younger crowd than the motorized bicycles --average younger 30 something --
TURN OUT!!! and their rides are all over town and then some

was fun to see-- lots of go pros so there are probably a slew of you tubes posted ????
I saw them at the beach. You shoulda seen the look on their faces when I rolled up. Very awkward silence. LOL

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I was gonna go but didn't have the plate for my moped yet. (got it monday.)

Funny thing is there's a local cop who cruises my neighborhood all the time and stopped me for a "california roll" through a stop sign when i was coming back from the liquor store.

He didn't bust me but told me he'd impound my moped if he caught me again with no plate.

Rode by him today at the same spot (after i made a complete stop of course) pointed at my shiny new license plate and waved... :)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
It was a very young crowd parked near the racquetball court area and a bunch were doubled up on their mopeds. Lots of smokin' and drinkin' goin' on.