My new cruiser is complete! Please check it out and comment!

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Finally finished my cruiser! Used good bolts on chain tensioner, also that IS not the stock chain, it's #41 roller chain from Fleet Farm. There will be an old-school speedo, chrome stack air filter and possibly a speed carb and pther upgrades added later. Anyway....I never thought it would happen but I broke my first fender today! Busted from vibrations while riding, rode home and removed it(see picture) It still looks nice with it off, but whatever. Any way to fix it if I ever want to re-use it again? Runnig break-in gas, took me 6-hours and did it all myself! been riding NON stop since I finished at about 430-5 ish..... let me know what you think!!

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Nice build!!

On my front fender, I slathered some JB-Weld on the bottom side of the bracket. It holds tight, doesn't rattle, and you can't see it from the top-side.

Good luck!

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Nice build!!

On my front fender, I slathered some JB-Weld on the bottom side of the bracket. It holds tight, doesn't rattle, and you can't see it from the top-side.

Good luck!
Thanks! This has been my nicest one yet! My brakcet broke right where it mounts to the fork above the wheel...the most important spot.... :(

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Nice build. One suggestion I have (mostly from personal preference) is to shorten those cables a bit so they don't hang out past the handlebars so far. It will make for a much cleaner looking build. When I built up my cruiser, I took great care to ensure that no cables or wiring was sticking out past my handlebars. Looking at the bike now, I'm very glad I did. Overall though, you did a terrific job, and if the cables hanging out doesn't bother you, then let it be. It is your bike after all, not mine. Keep up the good work!

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Sweet! keep an eye on those fender tabs. If you start having trouble you will need to do somthing different. I got a fix - dance1check out my safe fenders album. My opinion is bikes built without fnders are incomplete. But I live in Maine where a rain cloud can develop in seconds. Once again - Good Job!