29er dimondback mountainbike BUILD

GoldenMotor.com

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
ive actually gone on a few rides already. I need to upload a video i still cant use all my gears yet. Trying to make a good chain tensioner. Ive made a few varations, but non do what I am needing, I had one that worked a little with a spring but when my motor engages it stretches out the spring. Peddling it worked great but motor has to much torque I think, so Having to make a double tensioner. So that way both sides of the chain trade tension as needed.
My lights Im really liking. Still have not got my tool to get the stator for charging but have lights all the same lol. need to power them on and see how long they last.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
ok I think I got the info I need.
Looks like I need a battery charger stator in my jr50 motor.
it appears there is a single motor stator and room fr a second stator if I can remove my flywheel.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
I finally changed my gas tank as my other one started leaking. I like it better but still not going to keep it too long, get everything else working perfectly then worry about the gastanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
Got a 7 speed internal hub. its at bike shop building the wheel. And ordered a spare stator from a fa50 to charge my batteries while driving.

database00

Apr 23, 2013
Denver
I could use the lower gears or the higher gears depending on which way I had the chain setup on the front . But I had the bike up to 55 before I got scared since I was still testing. its partly disabled right now as Im installing a second stator in it for battery charging.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Be very careful with that high dollar hub. They have been proven fragile even with chinagirl power so your Suzuki will eat it up in short order unless you are gentle...and may do so anyway!
Sorry to be the one to say it, but that hub may not live with a real engine.
VERY cool build by the way! Two thumbs up!