Big Black Jack

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are a few more pic's of the exterior polishing (clean up) notice the fin Over the exhaust port and the chip on the bottom fin then check out the engine in the bike, this is the engine kit I bought for the pk80 in the bike,notice how clean and conform the casting is and I haven't touched this engine yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just cleaned up and ported the intake manifold tube today, went to the hardwhare store and bought some case hardened allen bolts for the motor mounts,intake & exhaust now I have to get the parts catagorized for powder coating and Jack should be comming together real quick!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Tearing down the PK80 today and I just can't believe the Qaulity of this engine Brand compared to what is out there comming from China for this engine type, NOTHING! will have to be done, internally to the lower end to equalize or compinsate for the upper end mods and performance components being added, it also looks like the engine has been test fired from the factory too.
This will be another SWEET! running engine, My Buddy Dan made a cool looking, non restrictive Expansion Chamber for it wich should give a boost and a wicked sound.
Here are some pic's,the engine it's just a mock up engine

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Velo I was check'n some pic's out of the mean green machine and every time I see it I like it better! do you still have all your fingers?

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Broke the engine down today (not to much to show)and will start to remove paint and clean up minor exterior casting defects, re-paint and rebuild with performance components once I've taken care of all that.
The reason I'm showing the engine ID info is so that those who don't know what a PK80 is lable'd will be able to know what to look for when searching for this particular engine.
This is the best of Chinee engines. a little more pricey but well worth it, for instance usually when I brake down an engine there is a considerable amount of slope in the lower con rod area wich usually requires new (correct size) bearings and a thinner gasket for a closer tighter fit, not in this case, everything was Right & Tight!

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
LITTLE work done on the exterior of the crank case,just cleaning up the over cast, blemishes and ugly paint, had to stop because we were experiencing a severe dust storm and wind storms of 80-100 MPH, chased my trash can ALL! the way down the block (about a 1/2 mile no joke) so I decided to stop and get back in the house so I could at least breathe and I'm still getting over the Dead Mans Flue.

Here are some pics of all,l now Granted most people don't feel it necessary to go to the extent I do when cleaning up and rebuilding especially on a new engine but I just can't not do it right.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
As I stated I love this style of bike so I thought I'd share some pic's there just bicycles but they make a Dammnnn! Cool motobike, the purple one is even cool they way they updated it.
Started to strip the paint off the engine case today and talked to my powder coater and the ceramic paint we're going to use as an accent color is called Copper Vain, the black base will be the Ceramic Black and the Copper Vain will have real copper in it witch is designed to help keep the engine cool, I'm think'n by Thur/Fri of next week the Jack will be getting some threads (color,clothes,covering LOL!)

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are a few pic's of the engine stripped of paint and sanded of small imperfections (detailed) and ready for a fresh coat, this would be a good patina for that rusty vintage look too!

Attachments

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Here’s one from my own modest collection...

This early Elgin “Motorbike” was originally red & cream but has obviously been painted green for a very long time. I like it as is and have no plans to restore it.

The toolbox is from late 20’s American Flyer and came on the bike when I bought it over 25 years ago, fits pretty good too!

But just a couple of years ago I replaced the metal clad wood rims with some ratty ‘50’s 26" grippers so I could actually ride it.

I also have older restoration fat tired ‘52 MW Hawthorne all big and shiny that always gets more attention when I ride, but personally this one is by far my favorite!

The only motor I’d ever even consider putting on it would be a original 1920’s Shaw!

-Kirk

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
They were selling a Shaw engine on Ebay a few days ago but it was in such dis-repair Intake Manifold busted in half,baseball size chunk missing in the bottom of the crank, Seriously! it broke my heart,
The Elgin is super cool and I would love to get(ONE OF THESES DAYS!!) I like it Mr.B
The little Chinee engine for the Jack is getting a lot of attention and the High comp head from CRmachine/Fred will add a little vintage look to the bike,if I could ever get a Hawthorne,Elgin,Indian,Cleve frame in decent shape at a decent price I'd use the Gran Royale Union Flyer to restore it .

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Truckd, if you havn't seen the u tube video "Shaw motorbike I action" you need to pull it up. It will tickle your fancy, or something around that area.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Those bikes are sooooo! cool and I like the youtube vid of the Shaw Racer too!
Ya Know yer go'n to cause me to fall out laughing one day Velo I need the rest of my fingers, you know for Emulating (LOL!)
Thanks! for the vid direction Moto.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well back from the week-end Vacation with New Grand Child (#25) 2 Months old, Boy, Thick & healthy, hair as thick as a mop and pretty happy guy.
Ready to get this engine painted and re-assemble'd, lightly ecthed the case last Fri so I'll do some light detailing and then get hot on paint.