2013 East Coast Motorized Bicycle Rallie Cape Henelopen / Rehobeth Beach Delaware USA

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Anyone have info about East Coast Motorized Bicycle rally on the Beach @ Cape Henelopen State Park / Rehobeth Beach Delaware. USA

Maybe have two Rallies this year one in late spring April / May, or in June early summer and the fall Rally in August September?

Share your thoughts about this, I'm interested to see if there are others who'd like to have 2-Rallies.

Usually in years past it's been JBcruise & Kilroy who sets this Rally up, I hope their up for it this year. Last year 2012 was rained out!

Cape Henelopen State Park, has original WW II Bunker, Machine Gun Beach Towers I think about Fifty feet tall right on the beach, it's like stepping back in time.

Anyone can plan and setup a Rally @ Cape Henelopen State Park, JBcruise or Kilroy might help with info about who you'd need to contact at the Park to Plan a Rally.

So who wants 2-Rallies this year, I know it's much easier for us local's to attend 2-Rallies especially those of us in the Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey area's.

Cape Henelopen State Park / Rehobeth Beach, Delaware. USA is only 2 to 2-1/2 hours driving time from the Washington,D.C. Metropolitan / Area / Suburbs.

C.H.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Re: 2013 East Coast Motorized Bicycle Rallie Cape Henelopen / Rehobeth Beach Delaware

Wow, no interest at all in a 2013 Rally?

Where are all the Wash, D.C., Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia motorized bicyclist's at?

Most years Quinton from EZ-Motorbikes comes all the way up from North Carolina, and a few guys come down from Connecticut, and New England.

If you like this how about sharing some input.

C.H.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Re: 2013 East Coast Motorized Bicycle Rallie Cape Henelopen / Rehobeth Beach Delaware

I can't believe that there isn't more interest in this rally! It is a great place and ideal for a rally. I hope to be there if all the stars are in alignment.

Jim E

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

I'd like to be there, we are a one horse family. If anyone is going from my area let me know, I would share gas/expenses

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

Wow, no interest at all in a 2013 Rally?

Where are all the Wash, D.C., Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia motorized bicyclist's at?

Most years Quinton from EZ-Motorbikes comes all the way up from North Carolina, and a few guys come down from Connecticut, and New England.

If you like this how about sharing some input.

C.H.
You have to remember it's a 7 hour drive from Boston to Lewes, De. Even you CH if I remember right came one year with a chrome bike & rode with us. But I only remember one other time you came & it was in a car with some friends with engines in the trunk to sell & you didn't stay long.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA

I'd like to be there, we are a one horse family. If anyone is going from my area let me know, I would share gas/expenses
Lets see how things develop perhaps I coud take my utility trailer. Is this going to be a two day event as in the past. Perhaps we should communicate with other in NE.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

You have to remember it's a 7 hour drive from Boston to Lewes, De. Even you CH if I remember right came one year with a chrome bike & rode with us.

Hi Jay, yes I did blow up my China Girl my first Time at the 2009 East Coast Rally. That was my Greenline Stretch Cruiser, with the Chrome Whizzer tank. I couldn't find a gas cap for and Quenton of EZmotorbikes was there and brought plenty of Whizzer goodies ie whizzer parts and EZmotorbike parts and completed EZmotorbikes. Would of never guessed that Quenton had the gas cap I needed.

Had wife with me at the 2010 Rally, and of course she wanted to shop and visit family there in Delaware, and with only one vehicle I couldn't stay as long as I'd liked to have.

Let me say this if you've never been to this Rally you missing out on meeting some really great people, the food the riding etc... is unforgettable. The Cape Henelopen State Park and Beach also has swimming pool, bath / shower houses if you don't wanna get in the ocean, and camping is allowed as well.

Yes I had some of the Honda Mini Trail crf50 chinese cloned ( Lifans & Loncins and SSR Laser Pedal Moped engines ) these SSR Laser Pedal Moped engines are based on the old Honda E-22 engines originally used on the Early 60's Honda Cub's & the Honda PC50 4-stroke pedal mopeds.
These engines were for my personal builds that I brought to the rally they're what I'm using now to motorize my Stretch Cruisers & XXL Choppers with.

I made it all the way down to Rehobeth, Beach, Delaware for the last Rally and it was raining like a cows _issing. With wife in tow stopping at Camp Henelopen State Park & Beach was scrubbed for me by the wife.

Jay, thank you! You and all the other motorized bikers who welcomed my wife and I when I attended my first Rally in 2009 it was like meeting long lost friends / family that I didn't know I had. I immediately was accepted by everyone and knew I was with my kind of people, motorized bicyclists who love this hobby / genre of motor assisted bicycling.

So no matter what your riding an electric powered bicycle, Vintage Whizzer, 2-stroke or 4-stroke motorized bicycle, you'll be warmly welcomed by everyone.

C.H.

olsmokeybeard

Jun 18, 2011
Portland, ME

I WISH. being in Portland Maine, i rely on walking and bicycles (motorized or not) to get around. I'd love to see a Boston based meet up! (easier to transport there) Instead I just end up hanging out with crazy-as-heck custom moped riders down on the waterfront here in Portland. Have yet to see anyone with a creative motorized BICYCLE.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

I WISH. being in Portland Maine, i rely on walking and bicycles (motorized or not) to get around. I'd love to see a Boston based meet up! (easier to transport there) Instead I just end up hanging out with crazy-as-heck custom moped riders down on the waterfront here in Portland. Have yet to see anyone with a creative motorized BICYCLE.
I will be having a get together for a ride or two this summer, nothing like the big rallies, but Ill let you know, I'm 40 mi. South of Boston.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

Same here...only have my motorized bicycle but would scrape up money for gas and even ride in the trunk...

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA

Somehow we have got to make a list of current area Mbrs(New England) so that we can make sure that they aware of any somewhat local rallys.
Shame that the Ma, NH, Me tri state presidents day rally didn't happen this year, it was a good (very cold) ride!

Chainmakers plymouth route is great. Be sure to make it when it comes up!

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.

I'll go if the plans are a definate. I know they talked about it last year but nothing happened.

yimmie

Feb 9, 2010
allentown, PA

i am almost certain i am going to be camping in rehobeth beach this same weekend. can i get a date for this event?