A little snow trailing...

GoldenMotor.com

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
Does anyone here have a report on how well the studded snow tires work after these snowmobile trails glaze over with ice?

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
The tires im running arent studded but they are a brutal tread...caught my left mechanix wear glove on just the outer knobs and tore right thru...was tough riding tho

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
And people say our little Chinese 2 strokes aren't reliable...LOL.

Wicked, Your engine sounds great and that was a fun ride. Thanks for sharing. You have all of my respect, sir. I avoid wet streets, I can't even imagine riding a trail like that. But I'll bet it was fun. Thanks again.

Tom

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
The trail part looks fun, but shaded ice patches on asphalt scare the
B-geezuz outa me. That kinda ride takes serious huevos.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
@otero...that trail is wicked...by the time I came off of it my arms were burning from holding the grips so tightly...thank jeebus for downhill...

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Great video!!!Looks like you may have been loitering at the Dollar Tree in the beginning of the video? My favorite place in the world to buy all those things for a dollar I don't need, but end up buying just because they are a buck.LOL
Thanks for sharing the video. I enjoyed riding along

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Wicked! That's the old NY&NE railroad right-of-way heading for Waterbury. Gotta get up there soon, but I think I'll wait 'til Spring. Got a buddy in Newtown who's been bugging' me to explore that line for ages.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Actually, thats the larkin bridal trail, its 10.8 miles long and goes thru 5 towns..but when you are ready to run let me know bro...if it wasn't gonna be 6°f today if go for another rip down that trail

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
LOL! The Larkin Bridal Trail IS the old NY&NE railroad right-of-way. It used to be the railroad-bed of a line from Boston to New York City (by way of Waterbury). There's an abandoned tunnel somewhere near Sandy Hook. I think they stopped using it in the late 1890's when the coastal route was finished; at least for the fancy Boston-NY express. You think they dynamited through that rock by Route 63 to make a nice horsey-trail?

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
@kioshk...i had no idea that was part of the old railway...its been here as long as I can remember and a school project 20 years ago never revealed that info, but that was b4 the inter-web...

@trey the "aggressive"tires I had were found in the garbage near my home but wallyworld sells knobbys pretty cheap, and they are fairly aggressive...look forward to seeing some videO footage...