Goin for gas, freezin my A**

GoldenMotor.com

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
My problem in cold weather is my fingers freezing up. I am on a mission to find some gloves that actually work.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
then finding gloves that allow enough mobility to do what you want will be the next quest....lol

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
then again, freezing fingers doesn't add to mobility either.
For the winter I recently started using gantlet style? Guess that's what they are called? Had been running a cutting torch and came to like these. so I bought a set for home.

These gloves were cherry for playing with my dog when I get home after work at night.. The bugger likes to play ruff! He knows the difference tho. Can't get him to play right with out them. Yet when I put them on.. There is a renewed look on that well loved ''old '' dogs eyes there perfect!:) Every other leather glove I had used got shredded quickly lol. http://www.amazon.com/Stallion-111R-18-Standard-Cowhide-Welding/dp/B003K1VI3O

I soon found out since these leather gloves were so darn thick . For Welding and Torch work. The gloves blocked the wind this winter on my bike rides when combined with another glove it was sweet. My hands stayed very warm and toasty.

With these cotton gloves from Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/6-pair...-782A-E011-B31E-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA

Or a pair of my Mechanic's type gloves. I use these in the summer or a pair of leather gloves like for gardening. Its got to a point that I like gloves all year round. Skinned finger or whatever from a miss hap is just no fun and seams to be avoidable.

On my rides I use BMX style bars that are pretty straight across. Yet they have just the right pitch to them that my palms ''the side for striking things'' comes in contact with the grips first

My body weight while riding the bike leaves my palms naturally trained and resting there in a nice neutral ergonomical fashion. Don't seam to have a problem with grip at all. Then all I need is to just reach for the brake caliper handles which is strategically positioned natural as well.
When fingers get cold all bets of any mobility are pretty much off lol.

I still use multiple gloves and it works! These heavy duty gloves for welding have been awesome. They worked so well it blew my mind considering what I have tried.

You cannot get them from Harbor Freight. Those gloves are a joke and don't hold up to metal work for very long at all compared to what I am suggesting.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When fingers get cold all bets of any mobility are pretty much off lol.

I still use multiple gloves and it works! These heavy duty gloves for welding have been awesome. They worked so well it blew my mind considering what I have tried.

You cannot get them from Harbor Freight. Those gloves are a joke and don't hold up to metal work for very long at all compared to what I am suggesting.
NOTHING from Harbor Freight holds up. Want to waste your money? Buy from them.

I have some gloves I bought from a police suppy company. There is two gloves; one a pair of warm fuzzy gloves that you put on first then another pair that are thin but water proof that goes over them. They are by far the warmest gloves I've ever tried and that includes gloves made for skiing. Mobility isn't a problem. They're made so a cop can pull a trigger.
Only thing is when it gets below 50 degrees outside, I don't ride. I'd rather sit in my heated garage and build a bike for next summer. :) You hard core winter riders have my respect. I'm just too old for it.

Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have yet to come across any 'Ski Gloves'' that impressed me. I am driving my truck now days. Just about every winter there was I road through it on a bike. Getting too old or something like that? The heater in my truck is a slice of heaven.

Something to do with our high altitude here by the Mountains? I suspect other parts of the country do better with their winter weather? The dog's water bowl has been freezing over every day now during the day. I put out fresh water every morning lol.

I wanna live where it is warm all year round and insects make me put screens on my windows. Would rather be sweating in the sun!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I don't know about everyone else here but he's got to be a lot younger than me, heck I got cold riding mine today at 48'.