commuter 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
6.5hp cranbrook, engine is mounted

Did you totally cut the seat tube out of the frame to get the engine stuffed in there? Are you relying on the engine to take the place of the removed seat tube as a load path from the seat downward? If so, you're REALLY going to be applying a point load on the downtube. If not, the seat stays are going to be overstressed. Either way, it's a recipe for a frame failure without further stiffening. Perhaps you already have a plan to add that triangulation back in?
Still, I am very interested in your progress. Good luck!

Last edited:

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Just a note. Harbor freight is having a parking lot sale from 8/24 - 8/26 and the 6.5 horse Predator engine is only $99.99. I probably won't need one till Sept.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ok got the driveline set up but the chain from jshaft to back wheel keeps binding up and breaking, need help
That engine needs to be mounted solidly in the frame......the frame has to be strong enough to support the engine solidly. You have too much frame flex and need to beef that flimsey frame up a bit.

dnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Just a note. Harbor freight is having a parking lot sale from 8/24 - 8/26 and the 6.5 horse Predator engine is only $99.99. I probably won't need one till Sept.
That’s such a great deal if ya know what you are doing. I have seen a trend to purchase these motors and install them in bikes that are of poor quality, with poor installations. What are these people thinking, what are you thinking, it's a dam death ride and it's a matter of time before someone gets hurt bad.

Ya know I have to keep my mouth shut on this site or I get a little P.M. and slap on my hand like I am 6 years old if I post a little out of line...but people wake TFU...

I sure hope you guys don't show up to race these, you will put people in danger and if you are allowed to race it...Guaranteed I will talk some Chiz...

Read the past builds on this motor in a bike and see what goes into it, it's done for a reason...

Last edited:

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Well, I used to drive a street stock on a local dirt track and really enjoyed it and I had the idea it would make a nice go-kart engine. A live shaft rear drive and just have some fun. I know this is a bike forum and that's why I didn't say anything about that. I'm just putting a 99cc predator in mine and leaving the governer hooked up. At least for now anyway.

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
only shakes at idle just the same as the ht engine the fram has 2 square tube that run from the seat stayes to the chain stains on both sides for lateral support, the chain from the cvt to jackshaft is solid, no bind no issues but the chain frokm the jckshaft to the backwheeel binds evn when rolling it. and when i ride it it jumps off and locks up. i think the distant from the jackshaft gear and the mounting plate are 2 close and isnt allowing for slack, wich would cause it to bind up, im just going to buy another jackshaft hit and mount it differently

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
working at a fab shop? can't line up a simple chain sprocket to sprocket on a hard tail? no clue on spokes ect? by the look of your work i'd say the frame is flexing so much it's spitting the chain off. its good to admit past mistakes but if you incest on being a scofflaw you will not be able to make house payments from jail. someone had to say it. good luck on your new house. and metro link and a peddle bike ain't so bad for a while. people do it all the time. dennis

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
But see, you're a representative of us in this hobby, whether you like it or not. Everyone who rides these is a representative.

Flying down the Santa Ana River Trail on that butchered frame catastrophe isn't good for anyone, especially your own self.

I hope you come to your senses.