Dax GP50 Its Alive !!! Alive !!!

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Sweeeet! Is the motor in the way of pedaling? Also that kick start hitting the plastic chain guard might be a problem. I like the sound, sounds solid. Kick start kicks foward thats unusual. Great motor.......trying to get me to spend some more cash huh? If I were to get that motor i'd have a frame set up for it, probably order one or pay some one to do it right the frame that is.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I set the kickstart a little more to the front on mine.
You will find its heaps easier to start when your already riding.
Just undo it and turn it to the front about 30 degrees.
Its a little akward to kickstart it the standard way when your already on the roll.
I mean sometimes you'll ride away from your house abit and start it on the peddle.
You can actually kickstart and peddle your left foot down at the same time which is pretty cool.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Thanks for that tip Oz.. Since I have not ridden it yet, I would not have known that.. I will re clock it as you suggest . Also. OZ.. How is the power? Did you do anything special to your rear wheel to beef it up ? What did you use for Exhaust piping ? I spent more time trying to figure out an exhaust last night than the time it took me to mount and run the motor !! I mean it.. The exhaust is a real pain !! I just am not tooled up for custom exhaust, but if I can only get something working, it would be nice. I feel I need some back pressure, and for sure it is way too loud. I need it quite, even if it hurts my power, I need it quiet. Also..Oz.. Are you running 420 chain? Any pics of your ride? Thanks..

Bandito. Yes.. The left side clears fine, the right side hits. Originally this bike had the steel one piece crank. Currently it has a shift kit front crank. I will place the original 1 piece steel back in and simply heat and bend the right side to clear. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Can you take a picture of the exhaust outlet? I saw this motor a couple weeks ago. Awesome to see it come to life. I'm sure the community here can muster up an exhaust for it. Maybe get in touch with (I think it's Dave) at http://www.arrowmotorizedcycles.com/
He has a great looking exhaust, maybe see if he can come up with a new flange to fit the GP50.

A great looking exhaust on a great looking AND sounding motor. Ooohh.. I can't wait for summer to have a garage to build up something with that motor of yours :D