having trouble getting it to run

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Just recently I acquired a 2 stroke engine from my uncle that he had given up on .....its a 80cc suzuki motor from a quad for my cousin or used to be anyway.....my uncle was having trouble with the motor wanting to start and knew it had been pretty well used.....so he decided to do a little rebuild on it....got a bigger piston and bored out the jug and cyclinder to make it a 90cc but now can not get it to start.....has good spark, gets fuel...just wont run.....I want to use this on a build but need it to run first ....any of you guys with more "enginuity" than I do know whats wrong?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Nope! I have no idea what might be wrong. Get a manual for it then start checking it using the book.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
is the plug wet after you try and start it?

make sure its getting enough fuel, the float could b letting too little fuel in and not giving enough to fire it. should check to see if the carb should get rebuilt. take out the jets, check if the pilot jet is clogged and give it a good cleaning

i know you said it was getting good spark, but check to see if the plug gap is correct.

you could try to methods to try and start it.

1. turn the gas on and tip the bike over for a few seconds until gas starts dripping out of the vent tube. then kick it over.

2. bump start

if these dont work then it could b something electrical or possibly as simple as bad gas.

getting a manual would help bunches though

good luck