RT Carb

GoldenMotor.com

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
Well I just shelled out $45 for one of Duane's RT carbs and an RT throttle cable. It should be here just about this Friday or next Monday. Hopefully it performs as well as everyone says! Will report back. .wee.

Report back: Well then. It came today. I installed it as quick as humanly possible, and then hopped on. I have to say it made a huge difference in terms of power, throttle response, acceleration, and top speed. At first it popped and crackled a little, but as soon as the engine warmed up, VROOOMM! That engine just came to life, hills it struggled greatly with the CNS carb it now pulled me up without breaking a sweat, and no pedaling needed! I just love this carb. It is awesome. If you are sitting there struggling to get a CNS to work, just buy an RT. You will be glad you did.

Although there is one thing I can't figure out. The engine seems to be running much hotter now, but it doesn't seem lean. Is this bad or is it just hotter now because of a more complete burn?

Oh and when I compared the CNS throttle cable to the RT's, they are exactly the same???? I thought they were supposed to be different and not interchangeable.

Last edited: