NEXT Avalon Bike

GoldenMotor.com

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I know of two guys who motorized that bike, both rack mounts.
One fellow I was in touch with lives in a beach community in CA, the terrain is flat and he just wanted a little assist for putting around town. It had to be quiet too, the houses are close and the streets are narrow so he went with a GEBE belt drive and a 25cc Robin engine. He loves his bike.
The other is a member here, Mike B, who put a friction drive on his with a 35cc Robin engine. He did a nice job, the mount needed a little modding to fit that bike and he seems happy with it. Maybe he'll chime in.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That will be a tight fit, but I think I could get a motor in there if it's one of the kind with the wider front mounts.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Search the site for "next". Members have mounted engines in those Avalon frames, but it required mods to the intake manifold for carburetor clearance. EBay and some vendors now sell an "offset" intake manifold, that would make the Avalon installation possible.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
They are right ! The real problem is the carb! You will need an offset intake and you may still have to modify it to be able to get your carb close to level. Other than that,it should be a go!
donb4103

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
The Amplifier is a pretty good build with very little problems. It`s a little easier then the Avalon but the avalon is a nicer bike to ride....I think.
Just my 2 cents.
donb4103