transmsion

GoldenMotor.com

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i have this motor that i got from a very good friend of mine i was wondering where i could get a transmision that will fit i am looking for a g 4 my friend has the same motor over his shop with a g 4 attach any help will be appreciated

Attachments

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I don't think I get the nature of the question. If it is a huasheng 49cc or a honda gxh50 then the g4 will fit without any issues. I don't know where you will get just a transmission but I guess that's your problem. Hope that helps

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i am trying to find the whole transmison kit but the only supplier is gas bike but i read all the bad problems people are having with them so i was wondering if anyone knew of someone else that carry them

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
no clue about other carriers, if you don't mind used you could always ask around in the swap and shop section :)

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Terry blow, blowbyu.ca sells qmatics, for people with just the need for to get. Replacement qmatics. So I'd check it out. Also sorry for the no link. One I have no idea how and two I'm on my mobile phone.

Take care

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Terry blow by u was selling the cogged belt drive you are looking for, did you check with him. He had two versions. Last year one version was $119.

Ron

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
the shaft is not big enough for a q matic transmision thats why i am looking for a gt 4 or gt 5 trasnmision kit
How big is your shaft big boy? lol as in diameter?

Motor shaft of a Q Matic just takes a 2" V pulley which is available
in many bore sizes and can be shimmed to fit with no problems.
Standard Q Matic pulley is 5/8" ID

Your shaft can be cut down too, but will need a 3/16" keyway.

What is that motor off and I presume it is a Honda?

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Yeah, that engine sure looks like a tiny 49cc either a honda or a clone, and both, without a doubt, will fit the q-matic drive. The other advantage is the q-matic is very sturdy and high quality and will last you a long time.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i will talk to the person that gave me the motor the only thing he told me was that it was a honda knock off and the specs saids that it pulls out to a 55 cc

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
can you provide us with some better pics that aren't just of the shaft? I'm really curious to see what this thing looks like :)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
It may claim 55, but my mom's power washer has an engine says it's 87cc and I KNOW it comes from the same company as the harbor freight 79cc engine, and both have the same model number stamped in the casting. What I'm saying is that that is no doubt a copy of the honda gxh50 and is probably the exact dimensions of the huasheng 49cc. There should be no problems fitting a q-matic or a grubee belt trans on there, so do what you want :)

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
do be honest with u i dont know how to measure for a q matic transmision i know my friend has the same engine and he install a gt 4 that he got from rollan the guy from spooky tooth

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
It's a shame that spooky tooth is gone. The best way to know how to measure for the EZ is to pm one of the dealers, or the creator. Go to community --->members list ----->search members and look for Quenton Geunther (creator of EZ) azbill (an AZ dealer) or jbcruisin (my favorite east coast dealer. I can't tell you what the bolt hole spacing around the shaft needs to be and such, but one of those guys can. Start with Quenton. If you have a q-matic you will never be disappointed :)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi

I think there is/was 2 versions of the 4g cogged belt tranny`s. The 0ld price of $119. (year or so ago) was for the engine that had the clutch shoes on the engine where the crank stub was short, the engine you have is the little bit higher priced unit because it needs the centrifical clutch to go on the longer crankshaft stub. The q-matic should fit your engine. The q matic (ezm) has the clutch build into the jack shaft. That is my understanding of it. Am thinkin Quenton more or less builds the ezm.

Just trying to be helpful. Will go look at sbp.com. 4 stroke shifter kit and see if it has everything you need, then edit my post. Your engine looks like the HS Titan, except for the governor. THAT IS WHAT I HAVE ON MY SHIFTER BIKE AND THE ENGINE HAULS MY BIG BUTT AND IS AMAZING . I DON`T KNOW WHAT FRAME YOU ARE USING. QUENTON AND SBP WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE, JUST EMAIL THEM YOUR QUESTIONS OR CALL. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY THE BUILD PROCESS. I THINK YOU HAVE A GOOD ENGINE.

LOOKED AT THEIR SITE = SBP. THEY HAVE EVERYTHIN YOU NEED IN THE 4 STROKE SHIFTER KIT EXCEPT THE ENGINE SPROCKET WITH CENTRIFICAL CLUTCH AND THE LARGER SPROCKET FOR THE LEFT SIDE OF THE JACKSHAFT TO GET THE GEAR RATIO`S YOU NEED. OR THE EZM

Ron ------------.cvlt1 SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

Last edited: