My commuter beast

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
so this bike started here.... http://motorbicycling.com/f42/my-48cc-khs-29629.html

I was in search of a more comfortable setup....so i built the cruiser up

Unknown Maker cruiser frame....welds look good....old decent steel...we will see how many miles i get out of it...i cut the seat post clamp down to the shortest i could get it and still have a seat clamp...as well i took aproximately an inch of of the bottom of the head tube to help compensate for a suspension fork

suntour xcm 100mm travel v/disk fork

sealed disk wheels

F50 2 smoker from thatsdax.com.......port matched including piston work on intake side rt carb and pipelyne expansion chamber....few other reg mods done as well

red anodized alum/stone filter...bling makes you go faster right? rotfl

titec hellbent bars

hayes disk mx2 cable actuated up front with v-brakes and koolstop red/blacks out back

pod shifter for the clutch

performance bikes deluxe rear rack

new school/old school scwinn seat...new top old vintage rails

planet bike "extreme" fenders....love these fenders 600m between 2 bikes so far...0 issues

this bike is decently fast....30mph cruising with 1/4 throttle...38 wot on flat ground before i lift a little so i dont rev out....spent a bit of time shaving the new 36tooth sprocket i got last night ...ill update on the speed later...oh did i mention this is at 6000 foot elevation? ill be getting some gps pics up soon for proof

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co

yes the kick stand does function

my sprocket i did up last night and a little this morning

first good ride it bit me pretty good

those teeth arent exactly short...i was limpin for a couple days

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
1pc cranks flex way to much for me...threw the pedal side chain pedaling through an intersection uphill that was the after picks from when i cleaned myself up...prob an inch and a half black streak either direction from the chain.....

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I first mounted my kit on a mountain bike before moving it to a cruiser frame later. The cruiser frame steering is less twitchy and absorbs the bumps better in my opinion.

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
Hey a fellow Steampunk myself...nasty bite dude...um I didnt see that muffler from thatsdax.com. of course my eyes aint that great and half the time I couldnt find my head if it wasnt attached ....looks like a set up I would like to run...I hate when they come to cut the grass around here with them weedeaters... so noise is a major concern for me... a little put put put I could handle...

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
Is it possible to muffle these motors without damaging them? Id give up mph for serenity and are ya happy with the dax kit?

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
extremely happy with the kit....with the chamber the sounds is amplified in the pipe....im sure you could put a mega silencer on it and make it quiet ...i like my pipe loud....grew up with harleys...not bikers...but loud pipes save lives....but i do have to note...its a smoother exhaust note then you get out of the sbp pipes

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
Thanks for the info man... I live in a great biking community theyve spent a butt load of moolah on nice 6' wide blacktop paths running through town...away from cars...and they would be less likely to ***** if it just sounds like Im passing gas as I fly by instead of sounding like Im cutting down trees...if ya know what I means

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Don't forget to mention that the SBP kit is tuned just right for these motors. Also, it can sometimes be used without having to re-jet your carb.