Clear fuel line...

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I want to replace my old hard discolored fuel line. I noticed at the auto parts store they had the clear vinyl line in the section with all the black rubber fuel lines. Will this work ok? Didn't say it wouldn't. They were very busy so I didn't wait around to ask. I have a used tank I'm painting and I want to install a filter. My petcock is a bit finicky so I need a clear line to see that I'm really getting gas.

Ranger

Aug 7, 2008
The clear line is OK, but somethimes it can get hard and fall apart. I had an old outboard motor (20+yrs) and the clear vinyl hose just got rock hard and crumbled. As long as the line has fuel in it it sould not dry out and cause this to happen.

I too like the clear line because I can see that I'm getting gas to the carb.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I go to the hardware store and purchase the clear vinyl line they sell for about 10 cents a foot it come in differant sizes so if you've got access to a hardware store you should be good to go. The vinyl line will harden as it ages but for the price you can't beat it. I use 0.032 stainless steel safety wire for my hose clamps too cheap and easy to use, will fit in tight places like at the carb fuel inlet fitting.

Last edited: