my trike build

GoldenMotor.com

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
ok so after finally port matching the intake and exhuast i went to put the exhuast back on and realized that one of the sides has been stripped out, going to drill it out and retap it to a slightly larger size either a 7mm, or 8mm. I plan eventually doing all the mounting and intake and exhaust so they are all the bigger size for slightly better hold. when i get to it ill post pictures of it. not sure if anyone has ever posted on retapping.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
so i decided to take my trike out in the 2-3 inches of snow that we got in last night's storm. It handles well in the snow, if i want it to go straight it goes straight if i want to drift or do donuts it will.
Note: my whole original purpose was to make a motorized vehicle that would be able to ride and ride well with snow on the ground. Goal acomplished!

New Goal: get a little more performance out of it and replace all the mounting studs with 8mm bolts, this means buying a tap and die set.

.trk

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
I finally got my trike back up and going properly, the exhuast studs stipped out the hole to the motor, i swapped piston cylinder from my other motor just kicking around. Not always a bright idea seems that different motors will wear differently but so far it is working awesome took it for a quick cruise in the freezing rain, definitely need to adjust the fuel air, and the idle, but for just a quick cruise it was fun seems i havent been able to ride in about a month or so.....

Last edited:

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
well now that winter is here, and work for me is winding down. (im a lobsterman and during the winter my boss likes to take up the traps and wait till spring fairly common up here) So for this winter im anouncing the rebuild of my trike. Over the spring with my fishing expos i managed to fry my 3-speed internal hub i was using as a tranny, and due to maine roads some of the metal is starting to rust. So to start i had to take off the trike rearend. Ill be completely taking the bike apart. The purpose of this is to paint the frame which leaves me with the obvious question which color to choose..... that will take longer than actually getting what i want done done. The trike rear end is bolt on but im going to have it welded because i dont trust the two bolts that was holding it on. Im also going to be rebuilding carb, cleaning up the engine, building a bed either wood or metal. basically making it a lil three wheel truck instead of a trike with a basket. The list goes on and on and on. i will be posting pictures as soon as i get a good start on it. Now i have to ask the question does anyone know of a good internal hub that can handle up to 5 hp, my engine wont get that much, but i want the hub to hole up to the 1-2 hp the stock motor has(well i did port match a lil bit).