B T, Looking for the right sound.

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
This is all about the sound, a large engine and long header. All the ones I have seen have no pedals, so this is going to be interesting, although it wont be legal, too much HP and too many CC's. I don't like the frame but it is all I have now to experiment with, Im not going to cut up the worksman till I know it will work. Ill keep you posted. I still have to rake out the steering head, and make up double down tubes. Have fun, Dave
PS: I like the look of these bikes, but I want pedals. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476167

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
This is all about the sound, a large engine and long header. All the ones I have seen have no pedals, so this is going to be interesting, although it wont be legal, too much HP and too many CC's. I don't like the frame but it is all I have now to experiment with, Im not going to cut up the worksman till I know it will work. Ill keep you posted. I still have to rake out the steering head, and make up double down tubes. Have fun, Dave
PS: I like the look of these bikes, but I want pedals. My new toy--every Hamber should have one-- - THE H.A.M.B.
Quoted from above:
"I still have to rake out the steering head tube, and make up double down tubes."
End Quote.

Ok, Egor so you are going to convert your Worksman single down tube frame into a wishbone frame which has two down tubes. Is this what you are thinking about doing this sounds interesting, I will be watching your thread for sure!

Peace Crazy Horse.
Here's a pic of a generic wishbone style frame area circled in red resembles chicken or turkey wishbone hence the nickname wishbone frame.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
With the extension you have on the top tube you should be able to do it. If you look at some of the older motor cycles like a 1910 Indian the botom bracket is behind the seat poast.Get your fork and wheels set and block your engine as far forward as possable(mybe even spread the down tubes out around it?). Get it all set up and see the only real way to tell.........Love it ........Curt

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Well I wont be able to use the top tube at all. I have to make a new one with the kick up in front of the seat post, if I use it like it is the top tube angles up to get to the steering head. new tube will look better but will make more work. I wanted to make a tank that will fill in the space under the tube. This bike is going to be under an extreme budget, so all the parts are going to be scrap from around the shop. The engine is stripped of all shrouding and I need to find a way to keep clothing out of the flywheel, LOL. Will be fun, Dave
PS: What did you think of the bikes on the Jalopy page

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The shrouding is to keep the engine cool so if you strip it you will no longer need the fins on the flywheel. then just a small screen would.
It might get hot at slow or idel.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I have run A few of them without the shrouds and they do fine, I left one idle for a long time and with a thermal scan it stayed under 200. I would like to make a new flywheel but no way to add magnets. I can run the fins off in my laith but I see all fins are not the same so I think there is some outside balance going on. Have fun, Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I cleaned all the pipes off down to the bare tail section. I now need to start bending and fitting up to the steering head, I have that cleaned up also. I am going to rake out the fork quite a bit, I would like to make up some type of suspension for the front end also. I was thinking of making up a torpedo type of fuel tank, I always loved that look. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Maybe take the screen off a 8hp it might fit over the hole flywheel? You realy cut it Maybe move the bottom bracket behind the seat post and use one of the wider cranks? I will fallow this and watch how you do it ...Curt