Bike Car

GoldenMotor.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
a 4-wheel pedal car isn't the same as a motor car. Once you slap a motor on it, it doesn't matter if it can still pedal.

And I'm inclined to agree with vegaspaddy.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Heck don't make no matter to me either way. I Recived my plans on saturday now to start getting all my poop together to make this thing. My kids will have a ball motor or pedal. 11 and 14 so i'm sure we can have a good time with it.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Just don't let the cops see if you have a motor on it. I don't know about your state, but here in CO even for our motor-assisted-bikes you have to have a drivers license to ride one.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
You probably do here too but around our area it's pretty ok and if I play real dumb i may just get a warning.

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
i just remembered another reason why new prototypes stick to 3 wheels, by doing this they do not have to worry about all the crazy impact tests, front,side,rear, too many diameters too follow to make their vehicle road worthy.

since most of the start up companies have limited resources and the costs to make their projects 4 wheels would bankrupt them before they even strated.

sorry watch way too much of science channel...

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I am delighted, and surprised that one younger than me (44) remembers Laugh In. I was just a little kid. You probly saw it in cable syndication, along with Twilight zone, etc.

But what a great association.

About the...quadracycle thing, though. I wonder if you can sync two 80 cc motors....

Brenton

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
Now that was funny back then...and todays kids only react if it has a remote gamepad with bomb accessories!
Here in Utah, if it has a motor, it is a motor vehicel and is mandated by all laws pertaining to such. To even have a 50cc pocket bike on the road, you need to have a motor cycle endorsement on your lisense and you must be 16 or older. And, you best have that pocket bike registered with the DMV, plus tags and insurence are required. Same as a bicycle, if it has any type of motor on its' frame, peddles or not, it is concidered a motor bike/ motorcycle, and is still under DMV state required laws. Being, lights, turn signals, brake light, safety helmet required if under 18, and you best have a motor cycle safety drivers coarse card too, or else you will loose your go-ped and spend some time in front of the judge. Utah is one of the worst states when it involves any type of motor bike/ motorcycle. Really sucks!
Maximo

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Project very funny. In my opinion is a very big mistake motar a gas engine in a vehicle of this type, according to the code speak Portuguese road, this is considered off-road vehicle. To be used in public gardens and the engine is not gas but the electric motor, or why not gas / electric, has the advantage of having space for the placement of batteries and a more complete project with solar painel ($$$$ ). Friend is just my opinion

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
For one thing, if laws are in place that won't allow the 4-wheeled apparatus to not be licensed, maybe all that's needed to make it legal would be one of those triangular farm signs mounted on the back of it.

Also, although that thing "looks" like it'd be cool to put a motor on, I bet that having plastic king pins instead of metal is not that great of an idea. Those supposed bikes, if one thinks about it, are most likely a death trap!

Just my take on it....

r.ly.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Yes hiker472 ,but I see by your avitar that stoping to eat lunch is quite dangerous also,,,lol

mybike

Jan 19, 2011
bella vista ar
Hello. I built a sidekick last winter. Very easy to build. Everyone loved it. Made a couple minor mods. Changed 6spd to a 16th x 34th 7spd. Changed front sprocket to a 34th. Even though it's made from schd 40 pvc and galvanized fence railing inside lower frame sections it is pretty stought. It does have dual rear brakes, no front brakes. I'd have to say that the steering linkage would be the weak link. The front section is built so it can be removed for repair or replacement. Pedals drive left rear wheel. So i couldn't see any simple way to install one of these motors on it without several mods. To much trouble for me.

Mybike

Attachments