HuaSheng engine

GoldenMotor.com

RickR

Jan 2, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi:

I would like to know how good the huasheng 49cc engines are.
Or if anyone has had any problems with them, any help would
be appreciated.

Rick:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I, personally, have worked mine like a dog since last april (almost 3500 miles) (^)
I change the oil religiously (every 100 for the 1st 500, then every 250miles)
other than that, all I have EVER done to the engine is adjusted the carb as per Quenton Guenther's instructions,

my bike works pretty hard between pulling the girls/trailer and the killer hills here, but has never given me a hiccup, let alone any probs :)

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
I've had 2 of them and they've been inconsistent. The first one had great power but stalled all the time, which turned out to be a simple problem. The second doesn't have near the power of the first and takes half a dozen pulls to start, the first one started first pull every time. They both bog then take off when applying the throttle. Chinese manufacturing tolerences just suck. You may get a good one or you may not.

I like my Robin/Subaru EHO35 a lot better, even though it doesn't have the power of the Huasheng. The R/S is very consistent on starting/running and there's no bog when applying the throttle.

Last edited:

chiptalbot

Dec 5, 2010
ventura
I've had 2 of them and they've been inconsistent. The first one had great power but stalled all the time, which turned out to be a simple problem. The second doesn't have near the power of the first and takes half a dozen pulls to start, the first one started first pull every time. They both bog then take off when applying the throttle. Chinese manufacturing tolerences just suck. You may get a good one or you may not.

I like my Robin/Subaru EHO35 a lot better, even though it doesn't have the power of the Huasheng. The R/S is very consistent on starting/running and there's no bog when applying the throttle.

i have one and you said yours stalled all the time i just got mine its brnad new and starts and dies can you please tell me how to fix it you said it was a little problem can you tell me how please

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i have one and you said yours stalled all the time i just got mine its brnad new and starts and dies can you please tell me how to fix it you said it was a little problem can you tell me how please
Clean the carb
Are you using an inline fuel filter?

How is your choke set up?

Check the valve clearances while you are at it.

What kind of kit and mounting are you using?

PS: Buddy left to get some cigs and beer and we don't know when he will be back

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
First remove the carb float bowl, clean it out and gently blow out the carb internals with compressed air. Clean out the gas tank, the petcock fuel filter and put it all back together and use a good quality inline fuel filter between the tank and carb.

Up the idle a tad....2,500rpm +/- 200rpm, unless you like stalling.

If this doesn't do it, you just may need to buy a new carb.....but I would try what I've suggested first, it works.

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Definitely clean the carb. If you're using china tank with filtered petcock, you might have a problem there too. Worst-case scenario, you might need to get another carb and/or petcock.

I had nothing but stallling problems with mine after the first week. Cleaned carb 12x, changed filters and it still never ran right. Bought a new carb, problem solved. Knock on wood lol