skill index for members who need help

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think we need a thread where a member can find someone who has a particular skill or bit of equipment he needs for a single project and probably will never need again.

For instance.......

I need someone with a drill press. If I can find a spindle for my weed whacker engine, it will probably need to be re-bored to fit my engine drive shaft. The best way to do it is with a drill press, but I sure as heck don't want to buy one for a single job. Around here finding a machine shop that would make a single pass with a drill press is going to be impossible. I had that with the need for a single weld.

So if I find a spindle I will probably be back trying to find someone with a drill press and who is willing to rebore the end for me.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have a drill press deacon. send it in the mail with what you need. I have bits 1/4, 17/64, 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2" If you need something different send it along with the piece to be drilled.

I'll only charge you the return shipping if it's over a couple of bucks.

It may take a few days for it to get here and get sent back, but I could do it and ship it out next day.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I got the drill bit today and am trying to figure out what I need to do next. Thanks for the offer. If I find a smaller bored shaft I will send it along to you. the bit is 7/16 /11.11mm.

it is on a 3/8 cut down end/

invader-zim

May 9, 2008
i weld :)

but my welder died
im buying a new one in the next few weeks
ill weld anything for free (you pay shipping)
btw this includes larger objects
also i have 2 years of welding in high school and several projects down

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
The next time you need a small job done try the school system . An industrial arts (shops) class or a technical school shop class would probably help . You could show up on your bike and show them your work . Bring a small gift with you or a good story .

As for trading skills . That is usually a great idea until shipping costs get out of hand . .....D.J.

silvermaker5

Jun 8, 2008
Baldwinsville, NY
I can do alot. I can use my friends blacksmithing shop any time I want. Forge, tourch(2 sizes), arc welder, drill press, belt sander, angel grinder. At my work I can polish to a mirror finsh. I work with steel, brass, stainless steel, silver, gold. Not alot of experince with allum. I might be able to use my fathers friend's shop too. Tig welder, 2 cnc machines, and more. I have to confirm that first though.