EZR's Full Suspension Summer Project

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Fairracing. You made my life much easier! This whole time I thought it was a Giant. I know my frame isn't a 16" frame b/c I'm 5'9" and its alittle tall for me and my seat is all the way down.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks Fairracing. You made my life much easier! This whole time I thought it was a Giant. I know my frame isn't a 16" frame b/c I'm 5'9" and its alittle tall for me and my seat is all the way down.
I'm glad I could help....look's a little different then yours, but maybe it's just a different year.

:ride2:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
While you are looking for a frame you need to know that a 16" frame is still a 26" bike with a 16" tall seat post. I will try and find a chart that will tell the height of the bike at the cross tube, as a 16" frame. It is the stand over height. Have fun, Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Do you think you could fit a honda 50cc engine in that frame?
Darcy
Just so you can figure for the Honda fifty engine. They are 30" long and about 8" wide. Another problem is that the sprocket is 3.5" from center so that it will not fit a happy sprocket, it lines up outside the rear frame. I have been looking at the idea for a while. I have a pile of the 50 engines in the garage, I started restoring Honda 50's a few years ago. The pedals would need to be crazy wide to clear if in the center of the frame. I was thinking of over the rear wheel. I have three speeds and four speeds, hand and auto clutches. Have fun, Dave

PS: Were you thinking of the commercial engine? Oh well have fun.

w31john

Jan 4, 2008
san jose ca
I stopped at scsw and got to check out the new motor setup in the frame.:D
all of you are going to get a big treat with ezr's pics.
(c)

UncleKudzu

May 26, 2008
Deep in the American South
Just so you can figure for the Honda fifty engine. They are 30" long and about 8" wide. Another problem is that the sprocket is 3.5" from center so that it will not fit a happy sprocket, it lines up outside the rear frame. I have been looking at the idea for a while. I have a pile of the 50 engines in the garage, I started restoring Honda 50's a few years ago. The pedals would need to be crazy wide to clear if in the center of the frame. I was thinking of over the rear wheel. I have three speeds and four speeds, hand and auto clutches. Have fun, Dave.
well, that explains why i haven't seen one on a bike in these forums.. those are great little engines (if we're talking about the little horizontal Mini Trail kind of 50?).

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Unk - I have the Z50, also they are the same size, but most of what I have is the C100, 110's still 50 but earlier, from the 1950's through the 60's. Have fun, Dave

PS: I have a XR75 that I have never looked into. It has a vertical cylinder, I wonder if it would fit? I still would need to find a way to get the sprocket in line. A lot of the bikes used the engine for a stress member, I could cut out the front down tube, Yea.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Well back to my progress on my bike. LOL
We mounted the motor and started working on the pipe. I need to get a chain tommarrow. Dean put a 47 tooth sprocket temporarly on it until Andrew finishes the 56 tooth sprocket. After that it should be ready to fire up in a couple of days.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Now see guys thats the way to do it, a part from here, a part from there, even a part from way over yonder, mix well and you've got a machine that will take you off on a new adventure.

By the way, bidness is fixin' to pick up/// CHINAGIRL came today and she's wanting to jump "The California Kids" bones!!! Oh well back into the skunk works, Uncle Kudzu stay out of my O'Douls. (c) Walter F.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Wow those Morini engines look good, and that bike, that is going to be a fun smooth ride, I cant wait to see the tank and the pipe. Good job. Have fun, Dave

PS: Is that the 3hp engine or the 5.5hp ? And there is a 12hp!

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It's the 5.8 hp motor but it will probably be higher after I intall some carbon fiber reeds and port the motor.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm not sure if I shared this photo with you guys already. This is a picture of one of SCSW stable of creations. This one has a stock 3 hp and it easily hits 40 mph. Mileage is around 170 mpg and its super quiet because of the cast iron clyinder.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Finally Done!

Well here it is all finished. Apparently the rear suspension didn't work out the way I wanted it to so I made it a hard tail and replaced the rear shock with a chain tensioner. I really didn't want to push the bike to the limits yet but it hits 40mph pretty quickly. This weekend I'll be testing it in the Mojave Dessert.

Last edited: