No2 is Alive

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Ok so this came from the other post I put up YellowLite means Caution. A little skinny tire roak bike I built to test running to drive gears to the rear using the Sick Bike Parts shift kit. I used it since it had the derailer set up and figured it would be less time doing it. Well I hated the bike rode it once and just didnt want to get back on it. This area is filled with pot holes and cracks that would suck everything that rode over it. So I took my Moondog and did a little cutting and put all the parts back on it and made it to take the front derailer setup. Took it out and rode about 17 miles on it with only a few problems forgot to tighten this and that and seats just %&$@.
But it finally sporting ape hangers long pipe 30 and 36 tooth up front driving the back wheel and still stock gears from the kit. Had it up to 30 just testing it and I took it up one of the steepest hills using the 30 tooh and 28 on the rear. Revs were high like with no shift kit but climbed right up at about 15 miles an hour which I couldnt get up it without pedaling before. Did have top mod the intake so I would have room to grow and I used an old 3 speed shifter from my Sears Freespirit for the front derailer....So here it is again..

Attachments

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
where did you get those springers? did you put the v brake mounts on them? is that a 20" sissy bar?
I got all my springers off ebay but lovelylowrider.com has them for 39 bucks and up. They have a lot of excellent parts. The mounts were on a set I bought and I used them on my shift kit bike figure I need the extra stopping power. The sissy bar is one I cut down a long time ago for my cafe racer bike I built a year or so ago. Just move it from bike to bike. But you can take any sissy bar find the length you want it at and SMASH it in a vise then tin snip the ends and drill what ever size hole you need...
If I had to do it again I would just move the seat hole down to where I wanted it at so I could have a short sissy bar.
Terry

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
I'm starting to see a lot of talent around here!
Very nice and I like your intake mod.
ah Thanks...lol.. IM more of a hacker than anything. I built and tore apart more of these bikes than I can think of. Well not as many as some on here but I tore some down to make others. Still havent built the one I want yet cause I dont think I know what I want....
Later

bumleg

Nov 8, 2008
nova scotia
i wish i would have saved all my old bikes from when i was a kid.
everything comes full circle .
man the bike i could build now.........fly