briggs 3.5 HP stretched/chopped/lowered murray cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
hello i just want to give you my two cents about this bike.

i love this frame well really i love the fin drop outs i have had four of these type frame/bikes. and before you do extensive riding i would secure the frame with extra welds in certain areas and add gussets. here are some pictures of why i say this. all this happened only using the china girl/happy time, with that extra kick from that briggs will do a number after 20-25 hours.

the first was the seat stay broke off. i didnt take a pic til after i preped for welding.

after welding that up out on another run this happened.

the bike in the pics is a murray but this style frame was made by the same company. the unknown make bike i had experienced frame fatigue on the seat stay and chain stay motor driven side.

my suggestion to you would be to weld up any and every joint that there is just to avoid a face plant when riding around.

i love the way your build looks and only want it to last for you.
please be safe and happy riding

gbginger

Apr 2, 2014
gulf Breeze florida
ok.. new NT carb is on.. seems to idle and work great!!! for sure the way to go. now i have another problem. my gear ratio is way way off on my pedals. right now its a 48 from the crank to a 22 free wheel then off the jack shaft is a 11 to a 40 tooth rear and thats a 1.66 ratio… what gear ratio do i need to go with so that it pedals like a regular beach cruiser. do i need to go bigger on the crank sprocket or smaller. smaller would give me a higher ratio.. if i was to go with a 28 tooth instead of 48 it would give me a 2.8 ratio. is that the direction i am wanting to go in? thanks guys

gbginger

Apr 2, 2014
gulf Breeze florida
ok looooong time no post. update i have for you are. found some new handle bars i like a little better. updated my jackshaft to pillow blocks. completely blew out my old setup. also new rear moped hub. completely blew out my rear 3 speed hub. i destroyed everything on this bike. she only goes 32 now but thats just fine with me. also installed a fuel pump and the new gas tank is a fire extinguisher! i have a lot more i want to do with this bike but for now she runs great for the most part.