First build, hopefully fast.

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
If I end up on motorcycle tires I am going to drop even attempting the gas class and put all my efforts into fuel. I don't think I can find the power on gas to get to the record with the mass of even the lightest tires that meet the requirements. The bike on fuel is a serious balancing act to keep everything from breaking but the power is there so I want to at least have a chance.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I am hoping to hit 10% over the record on pavement with the wild guess that will be enough on the salt to break it. The basic plan is to keep upping the nitro percentage until it will pull and hold about 105 mph on pavement. These bottom ends have reportedly held together at 18 horsepower and I think I can hit the speed with 14 horsepower. We will see. I have repeatedly been holding it at close to 11000rpm at around 60 up about a two percent grade and the main issue has been heat soaking in the carb. I brought the stuff home from work to build a heat shield and ram air for the carb tomorrow so hopefully that helps.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I am hoping to hit 10% over the record on pavement with the wild guess that will be enough on the salt to break it. The basic plan is to keep upping the nitro percentage until it will pull and hold about 105 mph on pavement. These bottom ends have reportedly held together at 18 horsepower and I think I can hit the speed with 14 horsepower. We will see. I have repeatedly been holding it at close to 11000rpm at around 60 up about a two percent grade and the main issue has been heat soaking in the carb. I brought the stuff home from work to build a heat shield and ram air for the carb tomorrow so hopefully that helps.
14Hp! With a 66cc engine China ........ Good luck hope you succeed in this project

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
It sure won't do it on gas. We will be starting with a 15% nitro blended with methanol and working up to as high as 50% until we either reach the speed or blow the bottom out ha ha.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It sure won't do it on gas. We will be starting with a 15% nitro blended with methanol and working up to as high as 50% until we either reach the speed or blow the bottom out ha ha.
I hope it works out great and no one gets in a crash, but with all that Nitro id be concerned about melting some chinalume or breaking a crankshaft.....lol

I been following this thread since its start and Im very curious and very hopeful that you'll ge5 done what yall have set out to do.

That sum buck is gonna be screaming if yall get-ur done.....!

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
It's working so far. The person reporting 18 horsepower had a full Puch racing top end on a CG bottom end. The quickest I have seen is 65 on a Skyhawk frame with a CG bottom end and sleeved CG cylinder. I have really abused this bottom end trying to find its limit and it seems totally fine. I am finishing a big expansion chamber and setting up a single larger carb instead of the small twin carb I had built. I don't know it seems so never ending. I am so tempted to drill out a big jet pour a tank of nitro blend, run the straight 18 tooth rear sprocket and see if it will pull it now.

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
Can you help me out? I need new back rims for my bike, the chains damaged the wheel. I'm looking to buy a sprocket adapter, and this is the part I don't know what size hub to get. Any recommendation on a rim with the hub already to fit one of the sprocket adapters? Thanks.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
The simple solution is to rebuild the stock wheel with 12 gauge spokes and bolt a kit sprocket to an 18 tooth fixie sprocket. Other than that you could also 're build it on a disc hub and get a top hat style adapter instead of the clamp on one.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Can you help me out? I need new back rims for my bike, the chains damaged the wheel. I'm looking to buy a sprocket adapter, and this is the part I don't know what size hub to get. Any recommendation on a rim with the hub already to fit one of the sprocket adapters? Thanks.
If you have a bike that has a coaster brake wheel on it now, this wheel is an excellent replacement and has the best coaster hub I've seen and the standard sprocket adapters for a coaster wheel work perfectly on these wheels and they also have 12ga spokes which I highly recommend.

http://www.niagaracycle.com/categor...no-e110-coaster-hub-bolt-on-12g-ss-spokes-36h

Here is a link to the front wheel that matches the rear and it also has the 12ga spokes.

http://www.niagaracycle.com/categor...-8-alloy-silver-hub-bolt-on-12g-ss-spokes-36h

So for about $120 you can have a couple of very strong reliable wheels.

Hope this helps ya out

Map