Maniac57's Jesse James version 2.0 build

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Thanks! *blushes and kicks the ground*
But I'm a hack. I build cheap. Not nice.

Oh man, really did make me spit laughing. (way back I said I was a hack. I love Ubolts and hose clamps. Seriously, look at my build threads)

A bunch of folks got on me; "well if UR a hack..?" LOL We gotta start a club.

"Hacks-R-us" (MotorBikes) or some thing.

I think it was Dave (31) who built the worlds cheapest MB for some thing like under one dollar. And it was a really cool build.

Would be a great build off, contest. Only junk parts and dumpster bikes. or vice versa allowed. "Your trash is our transportation"

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'd be all over a cheap off! I might actually have a chance to win a build off like that!
Kids these day have no idea how to make do with what's available....*grumps off*

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
KOOL! LOL @ "cheap OFf!" that is just to dang funny! We gotta do this..

I'm buggering up your thread and my bad. But this could be fun.

We gotta do a clean thread. 2 funny. DUMPSTER WARS, Motorbike style!
(perfectly good bicycles with motors strapped to them)

Motojoe2492

Aug 18, 2014
Ellsworth, ME
Great thread! It was all great to read haha. I hate being "From away" around here. I have no good junk connections D: buuuut working at Napa will lend me that much, at least!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Reworking the seat. Bicycle seats simply won't stand up on the chopper since you can't help with your legs taking bumps.
I'll finish with a pair of steel bars running from the rear of the seat pan down to the rear of the frame to support the loads. Also plan to recover seat with some thick leather, maybe hand tool it if I find a nice chunk...but budget as always.

Chopper seating position simply DEMANDS a rock solid, comfy seat and this is my version.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yanked the motor today to repair a stripped exhaust stud and a busted engine cradle bolt.
Also going to add some stiffening gussets to motor cradle plate to help combat the REASON I'm fixing broken bolts on this bike: VIBRATION.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Wow... nice build!!
I just started an occ build about 2 weeks ago and was reading up on what others have done with their occ's and I'm very impressed with this one since I do plan on doing most of my build with minimal purchased parts. I did purchase the billet mounts from pedalchopper and the. Panic hub adapter but the rest of it will be my own doing as much as possible... Im putting no time limit on this one, just want it to be as nice as possible once done or rideable...
I'm definitely glad I found this post because now I got some good ideas how to set a few things up....