scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Good looking classic bikes like Bultaco were put out of business by the newer, cheaper, and faster Japanese bikes. Looks went out the window for performance.

Soon the same thing will happen again, except this time they'll be electric.
Say goodbye to 2-strokes? :( And 4-strokes?

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I can think of a lot of other toys I'd rather spend $8,000 on than a single suicide electric time bomb. It doesn't look very practical for the type of riding or racing that I like to do.

Great for flat-out speed freaks I suppose....

.wee.
I wouldnt mind the option of going faster ;) But Just like I dont drive my car as fast as it can go I would probably never touch the max speed on that bike, but to boot I dont like the frame, Not my style.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Say goodbye to 2-strokes? :( And 4-strokes?
I'm afraid so once there's no advantage to them. Right now the only big advantage they have is price, but that's not going to last long. If you think about it, electric bikes are just an electric motor, battery, and electronics. Once the demand is high enough it should be a lot cheaper to make an electric bike, than a ice engine with it's 500 different parts.

Ice vehicles will become out of date collector items, and classic curiosity's, the way hot rods, with old geezers driving around in them are now (No offense to Tom).

You won't care though, because the electrics will have far superior performance, that's infinitely tunable at the touch of a computer command. Weight and mass will eventually become much less than ice engines would ever allow. Our bikes will be so light, and fast we'll have to add weight to them just to keep them on the ground.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
@_@ That is remarkably inspirational biknut, I have hopes that we will leave gas behind sooner than later.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Leaded or unleaded gasoline?

The fuel I run in my 212cc burns the eyes and throats of the competition. VP-110 and a touch of nitro :eek: :rolleyes:

Wicked smelling fuel
I built this 340 to run on pump premium. i had a motor that needed C12, and that is just not a good street combo. Still fun to drive, since the car is 2800 lbs.

The raw fuel reek at the back of the starting pack of China Girls at the Grange is way worse than your 212.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't know....the sound of a big thumper or a well tuned screaming 2-smoke breaking complete silence could bring a tear or two to my eye. laff
I always had a thing for the sound of big pistons thumping too, but I was quite surprised after finding out how pleasing going fast in silence actually is. You get used to it very quickly.

I never gave more than half credence to the theory that loud pipes save lives even though I loved loud pipes. But now I firmly believe silence saves lives, because I can hear if something is approaching me from behind even when I'm riding fast.