To Bazar to be true

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
.we.It was lunch time today when I hopped on my favorite MB a Schwinn Point Beach and headed for the local food store. Less than two blocks from the shop the motor sputtered and died. Gas was on so I thought Hmm, Swine CDI wire came loose again. I was right in front of a local Bussiness and in plain sight of anyone for a block. Just as I got off my bike a Man a few years older than me comes running to me with a crazed look on his face. Didn't see where he came from but he looked either nuts and violent or something. I have seen the look before. I yelled Whoa buddy can I help you. He stopped about 10 feet from me and got the strangest look on his face I have ever seen. He said that's not my son's bike. I said no, His bike is exactly like that. He started to relax and I asked him if he was alright.
He said let me show you something sir. Ok, we walked about 15 feet and there behind a chain link fence sat a pretty Schwinn Point Beach with an 80cc Motor kit on it! He thought I was stealing his Kid's bike. We talked and Seems his kid and he got him the kit for Xmas. I saw the trouble after I had calmed down. The White wire came untaped and was grounding out on the engine case. Killing the CDI. I did stained glass as a kid, they have a shop for stained glass. There is where I broke down. They sold the stained glass supplies to MY Parents all those years ago!I thought He had a golf club in his hand,
I had my hand on something diffrent inside my leather jacket. Sure am glad it turned out the way it did. :) He gave me some tape to fix the wire, I hope Were all going riding tomorrow .we.

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Tramp, I got one stranger than that. My Dad and I were in Walmart monday evening. We were in the express checkout line and this lady in front of us kept staring at me. It made me a bit uncomfortable. She finally spoke and told me I looked just like her son Tim. She went on to tell me that Tim had been killed in car accident and she would've given anything if she could've told him goodby before he passed. I told her I was sorry for her loss. She then ask if she could tell me by Tim and would I say goodby Mom to her as soon as she was checked out. I thought it a bit weird but I truly felt sorry for the lady. She finished checking out and looked me right in the eye and said "goodby Tim". I gave her a hug and said by Mom. And she left. The clerk rang up my items and said that it would be $103.47. I said all I got was the cd and this quart of oil. Then she said well that is for your Moms stuff too. I knew then I had been had. I left my drivers license with the clerk and told her to call the police, I would be right back. I ran out into the parking lot and the lady was getting in her car. I ran over screaming at her to stop I grabbed the door just before she got it shut. When I pulled the door open she started kicking the snot out of me. When the police got there I had a hold of her shoe, pulling her leg, just like I'm pulling all you guys legs right now.................rotfl

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I just want to say when this guy came at me he was there before I knew it. I thought he had a golf club. My mind saw it. Flash from another time. The mind will tricks if givin a chance. My word is all I got. Just want anyone who reads my story I SAW a golf club, but it was a shadow, or Just stress ? These are good folks, I'm going to invite them for a ride when they get to the shop tomorrow. Is what I meant. No wonder Cops say 90% of witnesses are wrong, My Bad.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I had a little experience last week. I had stopped in at a local watering hole called The Buffet. The place has a video cam on the parking area and I kept my eyes on the monitor up on the wall. I had parked my Puch moped next to a big Honda at the edge of the parking lot. As I sipped on my Coors a , I noticed on the monitor, a guy walk up next to the Puch. I put down my beer and rapidly exited the place and crossed the parking lot to where he was standing and staring at the moped.
I must have had that look of aggression because he says "Whoa dude, I'm just looking!" We talked about mopeds for a minute then talked about MBs for a half hour. He had recently sold his MB and was pining for another ride. When I told him a moped has to have a plate he decided to stick to MBs. I wrote this site's addy on a piece of paper and told him this place is the best source of MB info on the net.
When I returned inside the tavern my beer was almost flat and had assumed room temp. Unfortunately no one spiked it...:D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Tramp, I got one stranger than that. My Dad and I were in Walmart monday evening. We were in the express checkout line and this lady in front of us kept staring at me. It made me a bit uncomfortable. She finally spoke and told me I looked just like her son Tim. She went on to tell me that Tim had been killed in car accident and she would've given anything if she could've told him goodby before he passed. I told her I was sorry for her loss. She then ask if she could tell me by Tim and would I say goodby Mom to her as soon as she was checked out. I thought it a bit weird but I truly felt sorry for the lady. She finished checking out and looked me right in the eye and said "goodby Tim". I gave her a hug and said by Mom. And she left. The clerk rang up my items and said that it would be $103.47. I said all I got was the cd and this quart of oil. Then she said well that is for your Moms stuff too. I knew then I had been had. I left my drivers license with the clerk and told her to call the police, I would be right back. I ran out into the parking lot and the lady was getting in her car. I ran over screaming at her to stop I grabbed the door just before she got it shut. When I pulled the door open she started kicking the snot out of me. When the police got there I had a hold of her shoe, pulling her leg, just like I'm pulling all you guys legs right now.................rotfl

Snork snork rotfl

Had some thing similar happen. Old woman who ran a coffee/breakfast shop. Was truly a sad thing
Went on for months and she never told me who I reminded her of.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I lost a food order to this girl once. I was picking up a very large order for the Body shop crew from What-a-burger. When they called my number, a girl hands them a receipt and walks out with my order. The counter guy looks at my receipt and confirms that the receipt she gave him was a much smaller order that she more then likely got out of the trash outside the store. They refilled my order though.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Something I do just for grins, If someone in front of you is getting change back, if you put out your hand to the clerk, they almost always put it in your hand, of course I then hand it over to the right person. Got to be careful, I mostly do this with someone I know.