My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

Train

Dec 2, 2008
Arcadia, CA
Here is my first build...I need to take some better pictures in the daytime.

You might be able to tell that my rear tire is rubbing on the chain a bit. It's a 2x2.125. I want to keep the white walls, but does anyone out there make a thinner white wall?

Attachments

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
You can put washers between the sprocket and rubber, I used three on each bolt as spacers to clear the tire. Good looking build

Train

Dec 2, 2008
Arcadia, CA
yeah...i thought about adding washers, but the axle isn't long enough. The bolts are right at the edge of the axle. i don't think i can add washers without overhauling the wheel for a new, longer axle.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
How bad is it rubbing? On one build I turned the rear wheel slightly to the right (By eye looked straight) and pulled the engine out as far as it could go and still be inline. But the rub was very slight. I wanted to keep the big tire as it really makes the ride much nicer.

Also, is the rear sprocket flat? Looks so in 1st pic some are dished out. Wont give you much room but helps.

Pic of bike I did the "tweeking? to;bikered001.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
I am sure you will find a fix and when you do please post it so we all can learn. Those fat tires ride so much better then thin. Good luck and have fun.