Sat JUNE 1st 2013 SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing 2 Year Anniversary Extravaganza!

GoldenMotor.com

nashmoto

Apr 21, 2010
Northern California
Just want to throw this out there:
I'm pulling together the best video clips from all the SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing at Grange. This will be a very music-video-like edit capturing the feeling of racing, the speed and fun.

If any of you racers or spectators want to share your videos and already have them uploaded somewhere online, send me:
- The link to the video
- Your "OK" to make use of your clips
- How you would like your credit to read
email: [email protected]

If you missed the Teaser clip, this is a taste of the final video edit (likely without all the graphics):
http://vimeo.com/67856991

KW Machine Works, headtrama67-Race #59, Bill Kelton-Race #888, Steven van Twuyver, Roland and Timm-BigBoyCycles and Tomahawk Tuning have already joined in.

Thanks!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks a lot Brian, that sounds very cool as I loved your teaser video.

How many views have you got on that teaser video?

Please give me a call. :)

Here's a teaser pic of your arm receiving one of your billet joker trophies. :D

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Your bike is fast but check out the Facebook video of a Supermoto
blitzing the straight CCW at Grange, back wheel chirping into a full on
feet on the pegs slide through the first corner!

Video is the top post at: Riding Supermoto at grange
www.facebook.com/GrangeMotorCircuit

Video from Socal Supermoto
www.facebook.com/pages/Socal-Supermoto/233970315913

Yes, those guys are just plain nutz......nutz I say! :D I'm way to old to go that fast anymore......

dnut

patiently waiting on Nashmoto's vid also......;)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
while neil's picture is a very good one. it really shows the difference in moped's and motorised bicycles. while the mopeds have a low C/G below the axles and lower profile tires and rims. scotto and brian's C/G is way up there and their bicycle rims and tire's look very tall adding to the high C/G. while a picture is worth a thousand words, this really shows we are talking not apples and oranges but apples and watermelons. two different animals all together. dennis

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
while neil's picture is a very good one. it really shows the difference in moped's and motorised bicycles. while the mopeds have a low C/G below the axles and lower profile tires and rims. scotto and brian's C/G is way up there and their bicycle rims and tire's look very tall adding to the high C/G. while a picture is worth a thousand words, this really shows we are talking not apples and oranges but apples and watermelons. two different animals all together. dennis
Ain't that the truth!? The moped guys are amazed at how much lean we give our high CG machines.....considering. The handling characteristics are night and day.....all we have is more power!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I agree with you guys 100%. I think that's one of the reasons why I decided to call it quits for now.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Ain't that the truth!? The moped guys are amazed at how much lean we give our high CG machines.....considering. The handling characteristics are night and day.....all we have is more power!
The motorized bikes could be set up so the rider is lower and more part
of the machine than perched on top of it.

magrider seems to do this better than most.

nashmoto does a pretty good job of it too on his big bike.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The motorized bikes could be set up so the rider is lower and more part
of the machine than perched on top of it.

magrider seems to do this better than most.

nashmoto does a pretty good job of it too on his big bike.
This is all very true Neil, a custom frame can be built and set-up exactly how you want and the sky is the limit.

The basis of my high CG race bike is that it is built on a completely bone stock beach cruiser frame that anyone could build with just above basic mechanical skills. Not one single modification has been done to either of the Felt frames that house the powerful 212cc engine I built. Not even a single gusset for additional strength to be found on my race build and I think my bike has proven itself on the track. I am very proud of that fact and not too many people can claim the same......"stock beach cruiser frame"! Bolt and go......fast, easy and it works. I will certainly build from the ground up when needed ;) This ain't no kit bike tho :D

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
This is all very true Neil, a custom frame can be built and set-up exactly how you want and the sky is the limit.

The basis of my high CG race bike is that it is built on a completely bone stock beach cruiser frame that anyone could build with just above basic mechanical skills. Not one single modification has been done to either of the Felt frames that house the powerful 212cc engine I built. Not even a single gusset for additional strength to be found on my race build and I think my bike has proven itself on the track.

I am very proud of that fact and not too many people can claim the same......"stock beach cruiser frame"! Bolt and go......fast, easy and it works. I will certainly build from the ground up when needed ;) This ain't no kit bike tho
You have a lot to be proud about your awesome race bike and you are
a hard core racer for sure! :)

Fastest and best ridden bike at the track. You put on a helluva show.

You and Andy are the biggest race supporters that have been to every
race and raised the game.

Here's a video of your 212 cc Preddie Felt racer ripping around the oval.

http://youtu.be/GrBmdMXMYhc

Andy, Buba and scotto at the July 27th oval race in the pits.

Andy's winning #59 66 cc Intermediate Class bike.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Definitely some words of encouragement and ya your builds are nice and I would be hesitant on chopping up a $300 + bike and my brother & I have no problem modifying my piece of crap $25 frame .weld

Its been a rough year for me and I just cant seem to catch a break, but Im praying that things will start to head in the right direction soon. If things are good I should be at the October race.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Definitely some words of encouragement and ya your builds are nice and I would be hesitant on chopping up a $300 + bike and my brother & I have no problem modifying my piece of crap $25 frame .weld
Funny thing is I took a <$100 replacement bike that Felt sent me and stuffed my 212cc Predator in and didn't have to chop a thing! Plug-n-Play.

I think it's faster than it used to be ;)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Definitely some words of encouragement and ya your builds are nice and I would be hesitant on chopping up a $300 + bike and my brother & I have no problem modifying my piece of crap $25 frame

Its been a rough year for me and I just cant seem to catch a break, but Im praying that things will start to head in the right direction soon. If things are good I should be at the October race.
Hi Dave, all the best for you so you can make the October 19th race at
Grange Motor Circuit.

Any progress on the video's that your dad took at the April 13th race at
Grange? Did you manage to get them up on YouTube?

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I love that track & I sure am gonna try to make it even though I race it once a year.

I don't remember if I have those videos from April 13 but I'll look when I get a chance. However I do remember watching one of the races from Andy's you tube thing.