Los angeles riders july saturday 13th

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
How about another beach ride july 13th 10 am round up at the venice pier the end of washington blvd and ride out 10:30???

LOTS OF ADVANCE NOTICE --maybe draw a crowd
FAST AND SLOW WE CAN ALL HAVE SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

any one able to make it-- chime in

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
How about another beach ride july 13th 10 am round up at the venice pier the end of washington blvd and ride out 10:30???

Lots of advanced notice --maybe draw a crowd

any one able to make it-- chime in
Chiming in. Lets ride! My bike needs more miles on it. It's only got roughly 3500 on it.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
hi mike
it will be good to see you and your super hybrid

I am really feeling it -- i realized that i am trying to keep up and ride with those guys and gals responsible for the fastest most sophisticated best designed and built bikes in the whole world ---that being the southern california group and race participants...

how to go from stock kit-- target schwinn --strap a briggs to an old bike -to ride with the best of the best????

how to get the other putters young and old to turn out for rides

we know they are out there we see them cruising solo but like me it is not so much fun to go on a group ride and be left in the dust so.... come on show up!!!

can i hear it from the slow go --see the scenery riders that are up for the ride this 13th of july as well as the go getters or just risk it all and try to hang or??

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
buba here
hi mike

I am really feeling it -- i realized that i am trying to keep up and ride with those guys and gals responsible for the fastest most sophisticated best designed and built bikes in the whole world ---that being the southern california group and race participants...

how to go from stock kit-- target schwinn --strap a briggs to an old bike -to ride with the best of the best????

we know they are out there we see them cruising solo but like me it is not so much fun to go on a group ride and be left in the dust so.... come on show up!!!

can i hear it from the slow go --see the scenery riders that are up for the ride this 13th of july as well as the go getters or just risk it all and try to hang or??

Slow or fast makes no difference to me. I'm happy with either, as long as no one breaks down. I'd be happy to be able to go from point A to B without anyone having to stop on the side of the road. I could understand the breakdowns if it was a trip to Vegas, but we're only riding a few miles. LOL

Know your bike, know your bike, know your bike.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
buba here
hi mike

It's not how fast or long it takes you to get to Point B, it's that you actually get there without calling a cab or waiting for a bus.

Just in case you do want to go reliably fast and cheap, though this is a small, bulletproof, 4 stroke that will fit any bike that can hold a 49cc HuaSheng.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181157539684?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
any new riders planning to participate next saturday july 13 let's hear from you????
10 am venice pier --end of washington blvd start point ride out 10:30 am sharp

fast or slow no one left behind

the beach cruise is certainly one of the best
the dockweiler stretch is fantastic beach and road -- henesseys in hermosa has all the sights

hope to see ya'll regulars as well as new los angeles riders
ride safe

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
San Diego put's LA to shame. They ride every weekend, rain or shine. We can't even get a few people to ride every 3 months. LOL

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi mike

just to let you know there will be a ride it is just the regulars usually do not chime in to let you know they will be there

I am pressing for some new riders and some slower riders to show up-- it is a blast
I am usually the slowest so I will ride alongside anyone slower--

I enjoy the scenery even if I am left in the dust -- so see you and whoever this Saturday

ride safe

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
hi mike

just to let you know there will be a ride it is just the regulars usually do not chime in to let you know they will be there

I am pressing for some new riders and some slower riders to show up-- it is a blast
I am usually the slowest so I will ride alongside anyone slower--

I enjoy the scenery even if I am left in the dust -- so see you and whoever this Saturday

ride safe
As long as I can do 30mph I'm happy even if it does only feel like 15 on some of those long open stretches with no stoplights

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey guys,

I have been doing a lot if test rides lately, trying to tune my carb correctly, and I am happy to say my bike is running pretty well, so I am planning on coming. Group rides are one of my favorite parts of this hobby, and I look forward to seeing whoever shows up.

Vaya con Dios,

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

well --despite a few no shows --we had a great day and a great beach cruise
some mechanical tinkering and grebes had his exhaust manifold weld at the flange break loose as we began down the dockweiler run with some bailing wire and a prayer we got him fixed up to ride his way back to Hollywood-- no prob.

Jeremy and I proceeded down to manhattan and then Hermosa beach for the rest stop and eats at henesseys -- yum
the pier was buzzing with the usual delights and bicycles and all the good stuff that makes southern cal so much fun

with an easy cruise back to the shack and then to the venice pier it was a picture perfect

sorry more riders did not show up to enjoy it but what is meant to be is usually what is

next ride-- well probably after the willow races and fun

ride safe

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
buba here

well --despite a few no shows --we had a great day and a great beach cruise
some mechanical tinkering and grebes had his exhaust manifold weld at the flange break loose as we began down the dockweiler run with some bailing wire and a prayer we got him fixed up to ride his way back to Hollywood-- no prob.

Jeremy and I proceeded down to manhattan and then Hermosa beach for the rest stop and eats at henesseys -- yum
the pier was buzzing with the usual delights and bicycles and all the good stuff that makes southern cal so much fun

with an easy cruise back to the shack and then to the venice pier it was a picture perfect

sorry more riders did not show up to enjoy it but what is meant to be is usually what is

ride safe
I missed the ride due to emergency work I was called in to do. Of all days that I was busy, it had to be today.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
buba here

ride safe
Good times, lets see some pics. :D

See you at Willow Springs in 12 days!

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
It was super-fun getting to ride my bike for a long -ish distance. I guess maybe 20 miles or so? It was also cool to finally meet buba and to meet Jeremy. Not so cool breaking my exhaust pipe and riding home with a 3/8" gap between the manifold and the pipe. It was pretty loud and obnoxious.

I think I cracked that joint when I pulled my bike over a curb to get to the sidewalk after I made a wrong turn. The curb was a dirt pit instead of a grass patch between the sidewalk and curb, so when I lifted my front wheel over the curb, I bottomed out on the cement curb on the exhaust pipe, which is the lowest point on my bike. I gotta change that and get the exhaust higher than the low point of the frame.

Anyway, good times, even though it was a low turn out. Where was everybody? Jeff? Andy? Iceman? Ike? Norm? Jake? Dennis? I guess everyone has a life to live and things get busy, but maybe we could talk on this forum about possible dates people are available and maybe pick the most likely date to get a good turn out?

See ya,

Gilbert

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Unfortunately Jen & I haven't been able to make very many of the local motorized bicycle events because we now have both of my kids full time... But keep planning them & we'll see what we can do in the future! (^)

YoungRemyRider

Feb 11, 2011
L.A.
So 2 people showed up including Buba? Ok then I don't feel so guilty now for not showing up. LOL
the low turnout definitely surprised me. and it was three including buba :D

the last group ride I went on (Long Beach to Huntington Beach April 2011) had like over 30 riders...

I liked it though. less egos. it was a "get to know you" kind of day.

I like that route, too. the ride through south bay and along dockweiler is really nice.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
the low turnout definitely surprised me. and it was three including buba :D

the last group ride I went on (Long Beach to Huntington Beach April 2011) had like over 30 riders...

I liked it though. less egos. it was a "get to know you" kind of day.

I like that route, too. the ride through south bay and along dockweiler is really nice.
A whole 3? Well I'll be at the next one for sure. Yeah Ego-free is always a good thing. LOL