First build! How did I do?

GoldenMotor.com

ahead92

Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
Built it in two days, hardest part was sizing the chain without a chain tool. The tank is an antique kerosene tank and has a level gauge in the back i paid $12 for. made the seat post and had to relocate the rack. I did it for aesthetics and for me to fit better, I,m 6'4" and my knees hit the original handle bars. I am looking for a old motorbike style large headlight but do not know where to find one.

A big thanks to everyone on this forum I couldnt have done it without lurking. So, what does everyone think?

ahead92

Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
Thanks guys! my next one will be an older bike like maybe a Schwinn or something of the sort. The Huffy is great now but out of the box it was junk. Hopefully an older Schwinn would be bigger and made better. However, I plan on waiting a while to get another one because I want to do so much to this one (Springer fork, headlight, front brake, key switch Quick Brick tires). Girlfriend wants one so I might make her a smaller one (she is 5' flat) does anyone think these engines might fit on a slightly smaller bike?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
About your girlfriend bike if you can cut, fit, fabricate and wield you can make it work. LOL. So you've come to the right place.

Last edited: